Fuel Map Recalculation Utility

Give input on tuning as well as any tips and tricks you may have. Also feel free to share base mapping files for various engine types.
VR6Turbo
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 62

Re: Fuel Map Recalculation Utility

Post by VR6Turbo »

Absolutely. I don't really concern myself with a 'rich' condition unless it's like, in the 10s AFR!!

Anything around 13-14 on a cruise doesn't bother me, so long as it drives smoothly.

I was also thinking the same thing about it possibly being an S80 thing, but I daren't mention that to Allan :lol:
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

TBH the thought only crossed my mind when you mentioned it.

I dont have the old DTAWin on any of my computers anymore, but looking back at maps when I switched, certainly most seem to be much flatter there.

Although saying that, maps from around 2007-2009 also seem to be relatively flat in that area too.
Maybe the change has appeared when I switched to two inj per cylinder ? Not sure really.
Releeuw45
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 63

Post by Releeuw45 »

Yesterday I had a Michelin track day at the beautiful circuit of Spa Francochamps and getting out of the pitlane i had to rev the engine to 4000 and slip the clutch the get it rolling. Rpm drop to 1500 under that very light load and the engine starts sounding very rough like it's running on 2 cilinders. (normally it would pull away with hardly any revs or throttle...being only a 300 kg bike rider weight to push forward)

Not looking at AFR values and knowing that more or less fuel doesn't do nothing, makes me think it could also be a ignition timing issue, or is this of minor influence?

Any ideas?
Releeuw45
GSXR 1000 DTA S60 Track addict
ignitionautosport
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Post by ignitionautosport »

I had this exact issue, as I was short on dyno time before a meeting after first time setup.

A start might be to copy fuel values from the first rpm row that works - in my case it was 2500rpm, as that was where I started tuning that day. Once I made all below that rpm identical it worked fine. Sure might be a bit fat, but only pulling away will you reach that load at that rpm, and close enough. Idle fuel was adjusted to suit as that was easy (it idles there right) but the rest were just copied from higher rpm. Worth a shot.
From memory I did the same with ignition timing.
Note: This was all using MAP for load, not TPS.
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |