DTA Dyno Box/Serial Cable -- Schematics and Pictures

Give input on tuning as well as any tips and tricks you may have. Also feel free to share base mapping files for various engine types.
rxboxster
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Re: DTA Dyno Box/Serial Cable -- Schematics and Pictures

Post by rxboxster »

can anything else be added to the box? :D
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

you could make it in pretty colours or something ?
ignitionautosport

Post by ignitionautosport »

Could put the firmware flash button on it, however I have a different cable made up for that.
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

True, I did this myself.

The images are very old from the old pre S-series days hence no flash button on the drawings. Pins for the flash are mentioned in DTA's ecu wiring diagrams.
pete_rallyeer

Post by pete_rallyeer »

Hi all, jut making my dyno box up now. On all the diagrams the pass through cable is shown as a 15pin female connector, I assume this is to connect to the exisiting DTA comms cable? Is there a reason why the 15pin female connector couldn't be a 9 pin female connector, so it will plug straight into my usb converter without the need for the exisiting cable?

I am quite happy with electronic components/wiring diagrams etc but know nothing about serial connections etc so I apologise if its a daft question!
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

I think you have it the wrong way round, the 15 way is on the ecu end and the 9 way on the PC end, you can't use the 15 way to connect to a 9 way as there isn't enough conductors.
pete_rallyeer

Post by pete_rallyeer »

Maybe I didn't explain myself very well! The wiring diagram shows a 15 pin HD Female D-Type connector on the right of the diagram, with only 5 wires going into it. I was wondering if that 15 pin connector could be changed for a 9 pin, so it plugs straight into my usb converter (rather than via my DTA Comms lead), and save having about 4 meters of wires in my car with me!

Turns out it can anyway, as I have tried it now and it seems to work ok!
Attachments
dtalead3.jpg
Rob Stevens
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

Ah, that drawing is to make an interceptor, no idea why you would want to do that! may as well just make up a lead you can plug into your usb to sereal connector (9way)
Anders_Karlsson
Firmware Version: 66

Post by Anders_Karlsson »

I made my dynobox with 15 pin for the ECU and 9 pin for the laptop. Also added a pushbutton for flashing the ECU, although i put a ziptie on it to avoid pushing the button by accident.
mefmotorsport
Distributor: Mefmotorsport
Firmware Version: 79

Post by mefmotorsport »

Anders_Karlsson wrote:I made my dynobox with 15 pin for the ECU and 9 pin for the laptop. Also added a pushbutton for flashing the ECU, although i put a ziptie on it to avoid pushing the button by accident.

It takes a lot more than pushing it by accident to cause the firmware reflash, dont worry!