It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:15 pm

Post subject: Variable boost of potentiometer?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:29 pm 

ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 65
Hi all, just in the process of converting my Porsche 930 from SDS to running an S80. I was looking at boost control options and needed advice on the best way to set up a 'dial-a-boost' potentiometer (or dial-a-death as some like to call them). I can see the dedicated closed loop boost function allows boost target variation by gear or speed, but not directly of an analogue input. I have been thinking of using a spare anal/aux function to vary the pulse width to an aux, but then I loose closed loop.

Anyone done this before?

Cheers.

Post subject: Re: Variable boost of potentiometer?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:04 am 

ECU Model: No ECU
I think Rob mentioned a while back it can be done, although it was more aimed at a dyno mode I think.

or maybe it was using a voltage based gear input ( as some sequential boxes will do ) to create a false analogue option.

But using the basic boost control setups, of which there are 2 completely defined options, combined with the by gear, by rpm, by speed options, really does give you a wide range of boost maps that dont require any manual driver input once up and running.

Post subject: Re: Variable boost of potentiometer?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:01 pm 

ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: VW Speed Shop
Firmware Version: 63
I did some experimenting with an "overtake" circuit where you would press a button and the boost valve would gve you an increase in boost - it worked fine on the rollers but not something the majority of my customers would want so testing was limited -i don't use closed loop just rely on the wastegate fixed setting. Dial a Death or Press for Death -Indeed :lol: