Adding fuel and pulling advance for dry nitrous

Give input on tuning as well as any tips and tricks you may have. Also feel free to share base mapping files for various engine types.
Efi Guy
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: VW Speed Shop
Firmware Version: 63

Re: Adding fuel and pulling advance for dry nitrous

Post by Efi Guy »

Well that's easy just use MAP in column 1 - no need for any PWM control.
Spooling turbos with nos is definitely 1/4 mile application.
Not my thing but hasn't the DTA got an antilag system ? -choose your poison and have your wallet ready to pay for the antidote muhaha ;)
Don't you just love the smell of burning metal !
Roverdose
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Distributor: Roverdose

Post by Roverdose »

the ecu can do it, aux 1 and 3. but Jon has them for something else.

Drew
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Efi Guy wrote:Well that's easy just use MAP in column 1 - no need for any PWM control.
Spooling turbos with nos is definitely 1/4 mile application.
Not my thing but hasn't the DTA got an antilag system ? -choose your poison and have your wallet ready to pay for the antidote muhaha ;)
Don't you just love the smell of burning metal !
I said one thing he wanted was to assist spool, but not only. PWM control lets the user dictate the amount of gas at all times, and hence power upgrade without having to change jets and mess about.

And antilag is a closed throttle boost enhancement and whilst there is some provision for it, DTA does not fully offer anti-lag as a specific feature, as it requires the use of MAP2 solely for that purpose which means you're losing an entire map to achieve it. ( unless they have changed things recently, but that was always the primary reason for MAP2 )

Anti-lag should be a specific function in it's own right regardless of map used.

If you were driving along off boost and simply put your foot down, antilag is not for that purpose, and cannot operate in that way.
Efi Guy
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: VW Speed Shop
Firmware Version: 63

Post by Efi Guy »

Personally I like to keep things simple so a simple on/off 20hp shot would work and I wouldn't use the fuel enrichment based on percentage from the variable fuel map.
If the inputs and outputs have already been used for something else then there's no point in discussing that particular application
Jon K
Distributor: DTA UK
Firmware Version: 73

Post by Jon K »

I have to catch up on the thread but something just dawned on me.... why is there a VTEC and a "Cam Control" output?
1992 700RWHP Pump Gas BMW
Jon K

Post by Jon K »

Efi Guy wrote:
Jon K wrote:
Efi Guy wrote:Well you don't have to use MPH and you can easily add "active only above xxx RPM"
I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve but if you are dropping to 2000 rpm when you hit 5 th then you ain't on the drag strip or you need to try harder ;)
The whole point of this is to have a "I don't gotta think about it" strategy for nitrous. If I need to worry about what MPH I am doing etc., then I might as well just run a button on the dash.
"I don't gotta think about it" and nitrous only ends up one way
No it doesn't.
Jon K

Post by Jon K »

So right now I have a bid on a 2-wire Bosch idle valve. If I can go to a 2-wire (though I like the 3-wire, but..) then I can use AUX3 and that will let me do DC output by 1) RPM, 2) Analog input (arm switch), and 3) Only on above X Throttle %

Hesitant to go to a new idle valve because its probably going to cost me $200 - 300 :( Barf.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

On the idle valve note...You had the Ford valve previously ?

I got mine working a while back, and seems to work just fine. Mind you...it had been on the car for about 4 years doing nothing lol.
It didnt want to do anything when I tried it again last year, it seemed to be stuck. Tapping it whilst applying/removing power seemed to get it working again though.

When I originally fitted it, and my usual lack of patience, as it didnt appear to do anything within 10 minutes, I just gave up.

But it is working quite well now
Jon K

Post by Jon K »

Strange - yeah I tried the ford. I am now looking at a bosch 2 wire, but it ain't cheap. I really want to avoid it if I can.. but, it doesn't look like I can.
Roverdose
Distributor: Roverdose

Post by Roverdose »

ive got a bosch 2 wire in the garage im not using, nothing special, i got it off ebay a few years back. never tried it, i use the ford valve instead.

ill get the number if your interested.

Drew