start up map help

Give input on tuning as well as any tips and tricks you may have. Also feel free to share base mapping files for various engine types.
adzer
ECU Model: S80 Pro

start up map help

Post by adzer »

ok guys im looking for some help if its at all possible

i have a s80 ecu for my 1.8t seat leon big turbo build, engine is pretty much ready to rock but i still need to wire up the ecu, once i have the ecu wired up i need a map to get the car started so i can make sure everything is right before it goes in for its remap.

this is where it may get tricky, i have been given a map from bill @ badger5 from his race car 1.8t to aid me getting setup.

his car runs 625bhp or there about on a garrett gt32 or something along those lines where as ill be running a gtx28

his car also runs 2 injectors per cylinder where as mine will only be 1 per cylinder.

he said before i start the engine i will need to set throttle position, confirm coils and injectors work fuel pump, boost solenoid, fan control and scale map sensor......then try a start

anyone got advice on what i actually need to do? im trying to make sure everything is wired correctly before i take it to the mappers to save hassle and cost.

any help is appreciated
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Re: start up map help

Post by Rob Stevens »

You need to understand the basics first like setting throttle stops and ensuring your mates engine has the same crank/cam triggers and positions. Don't worry about the different turbo. Key thing to think about are your injectors the same size as your mates, if not you should make some global changes to the fuel map to compensate.
With DTA you get a great facility to test the power circuits, use it to make sure all the coils and injectors etc work. Also make sure all the sensors are working ok like MAP and temperatures.
adzer

Post by adzer »

everything should be the same on the engines apart from injectors, map sensor & boost solenoid

everything else should be the same

how do i test power circuits?
adzer

Post by adzer »

after looking thru the software again i can see how to test injectors etc

only thing im not sure on is how i change the number of injectoers per cyl, i can see a box where i need to insert 1 or 2 but i cant click on the box, is this coz im working offline i cant change these things?
RaceCommo

Post by RaceCommo »

adzer wrote:after looking thru the software again i can see how to test injectors etc

only thing im not sure on is how i change the number of injectoers per cyl, i can see a box where i need to insert 1 or 2 but i cant click on the box, is this coz im working offline i cant change these things?
Same here, any hints?

Online/offline same thing, can't put 1 or 2 to injector number box.
Roverdose
Distributor: Roverdose

Post by Roverdose »

thats a bit from the old software, there is another section for twin injectors in essential settings.
there is a section in the manual about the settings for that.

Drew
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Yup, twin injectors is now turned on in a different section...look under "twin injector settings" lol

Again, this goes back to RTFM

And also to full familiarise yourself with the software before doing anything. Open and look at all menus whether you think you need them or not. Learn where everything is, the various options etc.