Does somebody use twin injectors settings?

Give input on tuning as well as any tips and tricks you may have. Also feel free to share base mapping files for various engine types.
thomastc
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: dta gr
Firmware Version: 66

Re: Does somebody use twin injectors settings?

Post by thomastc »

hello sorry for my English I have a question about wiring twin injectors. I didn t find any other topic for this. so I have a s100 and a 4cyl engine and I would like to use twin injectors , the paddle shift and have pwm controled idle not ignition advance control as there is an option (inj9 or idle pin for gear up valve). at the wiring diagram is not very clear for me .for non sequential first inj o/p 1,2,3,4,5 and for secondary o/p 6,7,8,9,10. for sequential twin inj that I prefer can I use o/p 5,6,7,8 and do the injector angle at them like the first set at settings :D or it's the only way secondary o/p 6 to 10 even if you have 1cyl engine?
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

For a 4 cyl car your injectors will either be 1,2,3,4 and 6,7,8,9

But I've a funny feeling it will simply be 1,2,3,4 and 5,6,7,8

When you tell the ecu it is 4 cylinders the first 4 become primaries, and the next 4 outputs become secondaries.

Wiring does not change for sequential or non-sequential.

You still wire 1 injector per ecu output in both cases.
thomastc

Post by thomastc »

i'm making the NEW harness how can i be sour for this . the logik is to use 5,6,7,8 . and with witch order . the wiring diagram doesn't say anythink do you think this is wrigth (cyl1 inj1+5,cyl2 inj4+8,cyl3 inj2+6,cyl4 inj3+7) or i have to put the same angle at sequential setting . i try Office@dtafast.co.uk but NO any ideas
Rob Stevens
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

I use twin injector, non sequential on a 4 cylinder with S100 and I feel that the wiring diagram is wrong/misleading.
I have the 1st batch wired to 1,2,3,4 and the 2nd to 5,6,7,8 and it works fine as Stevie suggests.
The diagram suggests I should be using 1,2,3,4 then 6,7,8,9 but this would apply to >5 cylinder engines only.
I had the same issue as I'm using the paddle controller.
I personally wouldn't bother with sequential twin injector, but I guess it can be done by correctley filling out the injector firing tables
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

The wiring diagram really does seem unclear, and it lists twin injector applications as non sequential, which I do not believe to be true

Wire as follows, there will only be two possible options. And it's unlikely you'll get a response from DTA themselves as they are currently undergoing new management.

Primary injectors, assuming 1 3 4 2 firing order.

Cyl1 = ecu o/p 9
Cyl2 = ecu o/p 25
Cyl3 = ecu o/p 17
Cyl4 = ecu o/p 34

Secondary injectors, and I'm assuming it's 12345 then 678910 used. If this is not the case then you would use 5678 for the secondaries.

2Cyl1 = ecu o/p 15
2Cyl2 = ecu o/p 21
2CYl3 = ecu o/p 24
2Cyl4 = ecu o/p 23

If the secondaries do start at ecu o/p no 5 as I've a feeling they do when you select 4 cylinders, secondaries will be

2Cyl1 = ecu o/p 16
2CYl2 = ecu o/p 23
2Cyl3 = ecu o/p 15
2Cyl4 = ecu o/p 24

It is very easy to swap pins in the ecu connectors anyway.

It's also easy to switch between primary and secondary when the engine is running, just switch the blend table from 0% to 100% and the engine will run solely on the secondary injectors.

Not sure of Martin or someone else has a test rig setup where they could run an engine simulation and check the actual operation of the injector outputs.

I can only say that I ran my V8 with twin injectors, albeit in batch fire for several years.
thomastc

Post by thomastc »

thanks a lot it wont be so easy.i am going to use a First set of 350cc and a second of 880cc with blend. they call it brainstorm anyway if anyone learn anythik !!!!!
Rob Stevens
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

Read the beginning of this thread, you really shouldn't be trying to use such mismatched injectors with DTA. It is designed to use a matched set! Mapping it will be a nightmare, not saying it can't be done, just read this thread.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

I think people have done it as you say, but correct DTA will tell you to use injectors of the same size primary and secondary.

If you only need 1200cc worth of flow though, ASNU make injectors that would just drop in and you could just use 4.
PhillipM
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Distributor: DTA UK
Firmware Version: 73

Post by PhillipM »

Rob Stevens wrote:Read the beginning of this thread, you really shouldn't be trying to use such mismatched injectors with DTA. It is designed to use a matched set! Mapping it will be a nightmare, not saying it can't be done, just read this thread.
Makes no real difference to the mapping, the ECU doesn't know what size injectors you have anyway, so as long as your either blending or switching at the same point every time (and not running out of duration so the ECU tries to shift back to the other injectors and go lean, although that doesn't really matter unless its your compensations that cause it), then it works fine.

When I ran 4 cylinder I wired 1234 as the first batch, 5678 was the second batch.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

PhillipM wrote:
Rob Stevens wrote:Read the beginning of this thread, you really shouldn't be trying to use such mismatched injectors with DTA. It is designed to use a matched set! Mapping it will be a nightmare, not saying it can't be done, just read this thread.
Makes no real difference to the mapping, the ECU doesn't know what size injectors you have anyway, so as long as your either blending or switching at the same point every time (and not running out of duration so the ECU tries to shift back to the other injectors and go lean, although that doesn't really matter unless its your compensations that cause it), then it works fine.

When I ran 4 cylinder I wired 1234 as the first batch, 5678 was the second batch.
S80 only has 8 outputs though, so it's a little clearer.

If you were to run a 6cyl engine...would it be 123 then 567 or 123 then 456 ?

S100 has 10 inj outputs which is where some of the confusion lies.

It's only really since the introduction of the blend table you could probably make different size injectors work a little easier. But IMO it's still easiest to have both sets same size.