Closed loop boost settings issue

Give input on tuning as well as any tips and tricks you may have. Also feel free to share base mapping files for various engine types.
b930
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 65

Closed loop boost settings issue

Post by b930 »

The manual says the PID settings might need a minus sign for boost control PID. I just tried setting mine up and had to use minus signs for the PID. why is this?

Also, can people please share their closed loop boost settings so I can compare? I'm running PWM table and target MAP table with PID. It's not very stable with a PID of -50,-10,0. Valve is a MAC running 25hz with zero pulse width being wastegate pressure. Car runs good using just the PWM table but goes to shit with PID in closed loop. I am in the early stages of logging and diagnosing so any heads up would be appreciated.
Cheers
S80, Porsche 1988 930 flat six aircooled, GT35 w/ twin scroll 1.03A/R dual gated equal length headers, SC cams, Turbokraft intercooler, 72# injectors.
b930
Firmware Version: 65

Re: Closed loop boost settings issue

Post by b930 »

Hi all, can I please ask anyone successfully using closed loop to post up some example map settings? I can get the system to work very well in open loop, but soon as I go closed, it can't seem to control boost very well irrespective of PID settings. PID seems only to respond if minus is used infront of number, but overboosts wildly. Appreciate at direction.
Attachments
Slide2.JPG
Slide1.JPG
S80, Porsche 1988 930 flat six aircooled, GT35 w/ twin scroll 1.03A/R dual gated equal length headers, SC cams, Turbokraft intercooler, 72# injectors.
lumley32
Firmware Version: 61

Re: Closed loop boost settings issue

Post by lumley32 »

when i have played with PDI loops i have found it useful to run the ecu with a simulator and connect a pot to the feed back input, that way you can get it all close without even going near an engine!