Help needed for initial configuration

Give input on tuning as well as any tips and tricks you may have. Also feel free to share base mapping files for various engine types.
PSAT16
ECU Model: No ECU
Distributor: friend
Firmware Version: 53

Help needed for initial configuration

Post by PSAT16 »

I will soon be getting ready to wire my E48 in to my Peugeot GTI6 engine, can anyone assist me in creating a start up map
Crank sensor - 60-2
Injectors - Bosch 440cc

another thing, ive read that some E48's don't have the facility to control an idle solenoid so how do i tune my idle speed? I'm guessing manually open the throttle valve then set fuel and timing.

Thanks.

PS, i was told that there is someone on here who can convert the ignition only E48's to both spark AND fuel, i'm not clever enough to do this myself so i may be looking for someone to do this for me...
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Re: Help needed for initial configuration

Post by Rob Stevens »

E48 can use its 2nd injector output to drive a 2 wire idle valve if you wish.
It sounds like you have an ignition only? I'd think about sorting that out first, there appears to be conflicting advice as to whether they can be converted. The one I had just had the internal connector cut off, this could easily be fixed, others say there is other components missing.
Just read the manual for settings, the key thing is the position of the missing flywheel tooth.
welshpug
ECU Model: S40 Pro

Post by welshpug »

117 degrees rings a bell, 1.9 405 MI16 used a 2 wire Bosch idle valve, probably quite a few others.
PSAT16
ECU Model: No ECU
Distributor: friend
Firmware Version: 53

Post by PSAT16 »

well the ecu ihave has E48I written on top ofit as opposed to just E48, however there are no missing or disconnected pins inside.
I need to buy a comms lead then do a component test, that will tell me right away if it can do fuel as well.
If it turns out that it is only ignition is there anyone on here who could upload the relevant firmware or whatever it is thats needed to convert it? I have read on a few forums that people have easily done the conversion

Welshpug- You are correct, it is indeed 117 deg's