Help with Closed Loop

Give input on tuning as well as any tips and tricks you may have. Also feel free to share base mapping files for various engine types.
matthud322
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 56

Re: Help with Closed Loop

Post by matthud322 »

Thanks, I figured out yesterday that this was what was keeping Lambda% locked. I apparently misunderstand the description of the overrun conditions. I thought that it would only come into play on a decreasing throttle condition, and not on increasing throttle angle. I have since changed my angle to 2% and seconds to 1, and it seems to work much better.
86sixsix
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: http://www.dtafast.co.uk
Firmware Version: 78.01

Post by 86sixsix »

matthud322 wrote:I thought that it would only come into play on a decreasing throttle condition, and not on increasing throttle angle
it doesn't 'come into play' - it ceases 'not playing' :D always think backwards with DTA and CL/lambda/overrun.

what you are thinking of is called 'red. lock' - and lower %s make it more aggressive.
Renault 1.6 K7M, '92 Clio 16v shell, Rotrex C30-74, S40, Faceache, Sh***er, YouTube Blue Shed Channel
FrankCorrado
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 76

Post by FrankCorrado »

You got an old version of DTASwin. Won't affect anything, but just so you know. :)

Like 86sixsix said, your overrun tps pos is 3%, meaning that anything under 3% will turn off CL, EXCEPT when you are at idle, which is defined as any RPM being under (or equal to and under, not sure) 1500 in your parms. Therefore anything under 1500 will keep CL turned on, but once you are above 1500rpm and under 3% TPS, it will turn it off. Usually we are never under 3% above 1500, except when you really are in an overrun situation, that's what the function is for. :)

I think you probably thought it was the Throttle Red to Lock, which is how many TPS reduction is required to turn off CL. Overrun throttle means whenever you are under that TPS value it will turn it off, so if you are at 2500rpm and drop TPS from 10 to 2, it will turn it off cuz you say under 3% turn it off.

As far as I know that value should work fine, but try over 3% TPS and over 1500rpm. It should stay on.
Frank
VW Corrado VR6 Turbo GT3582R getting into a super light kit car
S80Pro