Exampl of pwm boost control

Give input on tuning as well as any tips and tricks you may have. Also feel free to share base mapping files for various engine types.
proutyc

Exampl of pwm boost control

Post by proutyc »

Sorry if this is covered somewhere else but could find using my phone

Finally had car on dyno today. Only running 5psi spring. Was pretty happy for 225rwhp considering engine done 65k

I wouldn't mind setting up boost control at 8psi on the future. Does anyone have screenshot of how I should set this up

Thanks in advance
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: Exampl of pwm boost control

Post by stevieturbo »

upload your map.
proutyc

Post by proutyc »

Thanks. I'll collect car from dyno on Monday. Car was tuned on 5psi. I just wanted to know how to set up the pwm for boost control
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

I'd imagine it should look something like this, this is open loop control, much safer to build up your understanding of auto boost control before targeting boost pressure. I'd suggest slowly increasing the PWM % to see what this does to the boost pressure. and keep the safety cut close above your target (turbo over pressure setting).
This assumes you have the bleed valve in and working ok and that the engine was mapped with boost compensation.
Attachments
Doc1.doc
(102.5 KiB) Downloaded 593 times
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

It's really a lot easier just to change your map.

But follow the above, and different solenoid plumbing can achieve different things

But for all normal setups, more PWM duty will induce more bleed from the signal to the wastegate causing a boost increase.
it is just trial and error to see what amount of duty creates any given boost increase.

How you configure the PWM output will depend on your goals too, as there are a few options.

I would always do progressive with throttle though to try and help reduce huge onset of boost at low/part throttles, or so lifting the throttle slightly, will also have an ability to reduce boost. Again it's all trial and error for each application.