Paddle Shift in S100

Give input on tuning as well as any tips and tricks you may have. Also feel free to share base mapping files for various engine types.
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Paddle Shift in S100

Post by Rob Stevens »

Any one out there using this on a bike gearbox yet?

I know Allan has it working fine on his own car, but his car has neutral in a full gear position, not 1/2 way between 1st and 2nd like a motorbike.

The issue I have is that I just can't get it to select neutral reliably. it either won't push far enough or it shoots past neutral into 2nd, this is exasperated because it behaves differently depending on engine temp.
The only things I can adjust are the air cylinder pulsing frequency, the pulse width and I can maladjust the neutral position.

Any tips?
katana
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 29

Re: Paddle Shift in S100

Post by katana »

I think you'll struggle using air - its just not precise enough, a few psi difference will make engagement or not possible. We don't normally use air to go down the box or select neutral. There are electro-mechanical devices that are designed exactly for what you want but haven't seen one for a while - they are designed for disabled bikers.
There is a more extreme solution and that is re-engineer the shift drum to move neutral to the bottom of the box - was done on race bikes to avoid a mis-shift on the 1-2.
Rob Stevens

Post by Rob Stevens »

Thanks, I plan on sticking with the air, the main supplier of gear systems for the events I do is Geartronics and they use air just fine, so I feel the concept of air is well proven. I'm thinking that I may have too much backlash in the system as my cylinder is mounted on the gear leaver not direct to the gearbox?

Is any one using the Paddle Controller?
katana
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 29

Post by katana »

Just read the Geartronics info / install instructions and the system is ideally for a N12345 box - a half shift 1N2345 is possible but seems a bit involved! What's the cost of a full install?

For info, here's the Bike electric system..... http://www.kliktronic.co.uk/Kit%20cars.htm
One advantage you'll never run out of air!
Rob Stevens

Post by Rob Stevens »

Thanks I'll have a look at that.
The Geartronics kit is around £3,500 the S100 does it for free + the mechanical bits that I've made and purchased for about £650
Rob Stevens

Post by Rob Stevens »

Had a look at the kilktronic thing and its very basic, its not closed loop and doesn't have any positive neutral facility, you just have to jab the button for just the right amount of time to get it into neutral. Not for me.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

For the shifters and bike boxes in 4 wheel applications

Is the 1N23456 etc changed to N123456 via the electronic controls, or do you guys replace the drum inside the box ?
Rob Stevens

Post by Rob Stevens »

Steve, yes, if you are in 1st and want neutral you have to push the neutral button and the down shift lever to go in to 1 and half (neutral). makes sense. However the down side is that you can no longer go from Neutral into 2nd, I tried convincing Allan some might want this but he wouldn't have it !!!