Throttle transients

Give input on tuning as well as any tips and tricks you may have. Also feel free to share base mapping files for various engine types.
gnutz2
ECU Model: S100 Pro

Throttle transients

Post by gnutz2 »

I've been playing with the throttle transients and cant find a real time display for them, it says in the manual that it can be seen real time in real time mapping but I can't see it. Also when I log the throttle pump % I just get a flat line of 0 throughout the log, I've played with the transients and it doesn't have any effect.

Many thanks :D
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: Throttle transients

Post by stevieturbo »

upload your map.

But at a 10Hz logging rate which is normal, some transients may not even last 0.1s so the logs may not always show much unless logging at a higher rate, ie 100Hz in this case, which also limits you to a handful of items

But when it comes to transients I'd usually say ignore logs and wideband. Tune for feel

First off get the base map working well, turn transients off for this if need be.

And then you can start with very small enrichments working larger until the engine responds and feels sharp to the throttle.

But other than logging at a high rate, I dont think you'll find anywhere to get a visual on what the throttle enrichment is actually doing.
gnutz2
ECU Model: S100 Pro

Post by gnutz2 »

Cheers Stevie, I was just thinking of trying the 100hz logging while typing that post but the dta manual does say the enrichment's can be seen I real time mapping in the sensor box next to throttle.

I'll have another try tonight and report back.

Cheers Baz.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

I dont see anything on screen that would back that up. Either way, any numbers would be on screen for such a short time, I dont think they'd be of any real use to you

To see any numbers changing with regards to extra fuel logging really will be the best option.

Perhaps they mean enrichment may be seen as an increase in injector pulse ? But as this is dynamic and always changing anyway, even that will be hard to use for throttle enrichments
ignitionautosport
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Post by ignitionautosport »

Tuning by feel has always worked best for me for that, on any ECU.
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |