Trouble while mapping

Give input on tuning as well as any tips and tricks you may have. Also feel free to share base mapping files for various engine types.
maxiice
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 63

Trouble while mapping

Post by maxiice »

I need to do som adjustments in my fuel map, and i will take the car to the mapping workshop when this is sorted out.

When engine is running we can se in the fuelmap witch block that is active, and changing that block usualy changes the lambda value to a better or worse value. (after pressing F4)

But sometimes it vount, sometimes i have to change a block to the right or left of the highlighted block. THEN it does respont....

No differense if it is me or if i use closed loop in real time mapping.

This makes it very hart to map it right. I use map sensor as load, and no adittional fuelmaps, only a little water temp adding when motor is cold.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: Trouble while mapping

Post by stevieturbo »

Sounds like totally normal behaviour.

DTA does seem a little odd as to where it places the current cell cursor sometimes. Often it does seem it should be across two cells, or in the higher or lower cell

it doesnt make it difficult to map.

If you want to turn off interpolation between cells do that, but you will need a dyno to ensure you hold load cells exactly during tuning
maxiice
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Post by maxiice »

Ok so this is normal ? :( Not shoure where i turn off interpolation, I find interpolate across cells yes, some kinnd of mathematic smooding out betveen higes and lowest value in hilighted routs.

But please tell me more about how to map this easey, and yes i can hold the load steady, even before i get to the tuner
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Just tune it, if you need to change cells beside where you think actual load is, just do it.

And unless you are using a dyno and tuning each cell at steady state load on the dyno, do not bother turning off interpolation.
ZaxosGR
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Distributor: Greece Taxopoulos

Post by ZaxosGR »

All ecu see beyond the cells that they actually show you. Notice that just bellow the map that you are using (fuel or ignition) there is a bar with a very small cursor. this cursor indicates witch cell the ecu is actually using. Most of the times you will see that it is between two cells and rarely it is spot on, on one. So you can calculate if you need to adjust the cell on the left along with the one that you see or the cell on the right.