AUX5/shift light problem

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
zdrafko51
ECU Model: No ECU

AUX5/shift light problem

Post by zdrafko51 »

Hello,
my shift light has stopped working. On a shift light connector I have + 12V, and if I test light directly it is working. But when I measured voltage on pin 6 (AUX5/shift light) I have (connector of shift light is disconnected) 12V and when I put check mark by shift light in testing mode (menu for testing components) my voltage on pin 6 drops to only 7V and slowly rise to 10V like it is charging a capacitor. Do I have internal ECU fault? Allso my menu for Aux⁷, 8 and 9 is grated out, I did not noticed that earlier, you can see it in attachment.
20200401_125119_compress90.jpg
Thank you in advance,
Mario
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Re: AUX5/shift light problem

Post by Alex DTA »

A multi meter does not provide enough load to measure the outputs correctly.
Use the test outputs function. This should turn the light on or off.

S40 does not have AUX 7, 8 or 9, that's why that is greyed out.
zdrafko51

Post by zdrafko51 »

Sorry I did not mention ECU is S60pro, DTASwin is 89.06 and firmware is 89.00. I have tested it with shift light connected and also does not work, and when the car is working it never trip the light, not on revs or alarm. I have checked the shift light with battery without ecu and shift light is working that is why I suspect the internal fault. So the light is working, wire is tested on continuity and it is ok. I will try today with normal bulb, but this LED light was working.
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

If it doesn't work in test mode can I suggest you swap the connector pin to say the fuel pump and test it there to prove the fault in or out of the ECU.
Alex DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

zdrafko51 wrote:Sorry I did not mention ECU is S60pro, DTASwin is 89.06 and firmware is 89.00. I have tested it with shift light connected and also does not work, and when the car is working it never trip the light, not on revs or alarm. I have checked the shift light with battery without ecu and shift light is working that is why I suspect the internal fault. So the light is working, wire is tested on continuity and it is ok. I will try today with normal bulb, but this LED light was working.
Have you turned on AUX 5 in the software? Please show a screenshot of that screen.

The S60 doesn't have AUX 7, 8 or 9 either. Only the S80 and S100.
zdrafko51

Post by zdrafko51 »

I have tried with turn signal bulb and it is not working. My state of auxs are in the picture.
Aux.jpg
Alex DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

It's possible the ECU is faulty then. We can repair it if you return it.
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

As I suggested test your circuit by connecting to another output and test from the test outputs screen
zdrafko51

Post by zdrafko51 »

Ok, thank you.