DTASwin rewrite

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
onslack
ECU Model: S60 Pro

Re: DTASwin rewrite

Post by onslack »

awesome work alex, keep up the good work :mrgreen:
ignitionautosport
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Post by ignitionautosport »

Hmm, a question, though I understand it may be difficult to implement:
Any chance the knob box could be used to change correction maps? Like if we have a n/a tune of an engine, or light load, it might be useful to be able to tweak the correcton tables with the knob box instead of the base fuel/ignition. I'd especially like this for 3D ignition MAP correction. To be honest it'd be a "nice to have" and I'm not sure how you'd implement it so it's clear what tables are being changed... was just a thought.
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

With the new software, this sort of thing will be easy, as in a couple of hours work instead of a couple of days.
I'm on holiday (yes, I know), so if it gets missed, remind me at some point.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Alex DTA wrote: One of the best features of the current software is it's usability, and I'm going to make sure that stays the same.
From a real time tuning point of view on the main tables....I would very much disagree with that comment about mapping functionality.

No proper easy real means of making changes was always a huge gripe and one I had emailed Allan many times about to no avail.
Compared to many other setups, it has always been lacking and cumbersome although the S-series did improve matter over the older stuff...but only just a little.

But Allan always seemed to be of the opinion all tuning should take place, steady state on a dyno...via the dyno box.

Which is ok if you own a dyno like he did. lol.
welshpug

Post by welshpug »

My mapper always fine tunes on the road, not sure what you mean about being difficult?
ignitionautosport

welshpug wrote:My mapper always fine tunes on the road, not sure what you mean about being difficult?
An extra key-press to store it to the ECU, it doesn't update changes live unless using knob box.
It's not difficult once used to it, and I think it's a factor of using the particular chip as I know of another ECU using the same family of chip which works the same way.
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |
welshpug

Post by welshpug »

oh.

he uses a knobs box :D
ignitionautosport

welshpug wrote:oh.

he uses a knobs box :D
Likewise - it's one of the best features of the ecu.
ArneR

Post by ArneR »

Any news on the rewrite? I really like the new look. :)
Alex DTA
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

Plowing on through it. Unfortunately there's a huge amount of work going in to it, but I can't actually show any of it, as it's just getting the framework together.

However, I'm going to post a video of the real time display soon. ;)