DTASwin rewrite

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Re: DTASwin rewrite

Post by Alex DTA »

gnutz2 wrote:This is great news and I cant wait to try it out. Could we maybe have a beta version first which may contribute towards making the final version even better.
Beta testers will definitely be required. I'll ask when I have something useful.
gnutz2 wrote:As already pointed out, it cuts off the bottom off the windows which is a royal pita!
Yup
gnutz2 wrote:As you already mentioned, the real time info screen needs to be customizable, gauge type, colour, size and scale. Also this would have to be saved (ideally multiple screens) somewhere as you wouldn't want to create a custom screen every time you went for a drive.
Yes, that's the plan, the layout would be remembered.
gnutz2 wrote:Also a full screen feature would be nice, cutting off the borders and task bar.
I'll see what can be done. When would that be used?
gnutz2 wrote:Some people don't like colour, but I think the main maps would benefit from it, ie: Colour representing the magnitude of the cell, looking at just numbers on a screen gives no idea of scale.
I like that. A simple tick box in the options could turn it on and off. Something like this (thanks to Trev from MSDroid for the pic)
As you can see, I'd need to be very careful with the colours, so the text can still be read.
gnutz2 wrote:Can't wait, really exciting stuff :)
PhillipM
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Distributor: DTA UK
Firmware Version: 73

Post by PhillipM »

This may be firmware side, but could we have custom buttons in the real time display that would trigger the outputs/inputs they were linked to?
So if using a touchscreen/mouse we could just tap a button to turn the output to fans/vtec, etc, on/off?

As for colours, don't mind them so long as the saturation level is very low, pastel type colours effectively, e.g:
330372_491559627521459_354208382_o.png
Otherwise contrast against the figures can make spotting an odd entry quite difficult if it's not too far out.
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

Personally I think the graph is fine, but colours would add another dimension. But as Alex says no white on yellow.
gnutz2

Post by gnutz2 »

If the (user defined) real time info page was allowed to go full screen it would make a much better dashboard in my golf, (selfish I know). But I genuinely think this would make a great selling point as not everyone wants to fork out for an expensive dash.

Here's mine

And yes, colours with caution as it could definitely start looking garish and unreadable. Good idea about the on/off switch.
gnutz2

Post by gnutz2 »

I like this, very clear

lumley32
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 61

Post by lumley32 »

for me the colours are a big problem, the gradients are hard to focus on quickly when im mapping. but you will never please everyone! i think a split screen with a graph and cells are a far better way to go.

also more map sites would help me no end! but i assume this is deeper than the software.
Attachments
map.png
Rob Stevens
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

How about this for an Idea then. The ability to display some more DTA windows on a 2nd monitor, like most people I use a laptop but perhaps when doing more serious work the ability to have say the real time chart on one monitor and the dyno mode on the other?
Alex DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

lumley32 wrote:for me the colours are a big problem, the gradients are hard to focus on quickly when im mapping. but you will never please everyone! i think a split screen with a graph and cells are a far better way to go.
This is why there will be a simple check box to turn it on or off. ;)
The default will be as now, with cells and graph, and then an option to turn on the colours.
lumley32 wrote:also more map sites would help me no end! but i assume this is deeper than the software.
Yes, definitely deeper than software. Very unlikely to happen on this range of ECUs, but something I'll keep in mind for the next range. Also looking at being able to add extra columns/rows.
Last edited by Alex DTA on Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alex DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

Rob Stevens wrote:How about this for an Idea then. The ability to display some more DTA windows on a 2nd monitor, like most people I use a laptop but perhaps when doing more serious work the ability to have say the real time chart on one monitor and the dyno mode on the other?
Nothing stopping you from doing that now. Just drag the DTASwin window over the two monitors, and arrange the screens as you'd like them.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Only mucking about offline here, so cant recall if it does this whilst live.

Ability to alter the graph tables, in exactly the same manner as the text tables, ie main fuel/spark maps.

Sometimes it's nice when driving along to watch teh graph screen, and either via a live cell lock, or grabbing or selecting cells via cursors, just manipulate them +/- as desired.

Then you can smooth the graph as you go along which is easier on graph view than text view.

Also, being able to interpolate between cells is always good, but it would be better to be able to grab blocks of cells and interpolate between then either vertically or horizontally, rather than having to do individual rows at a time.

But That sort of follows the the easy block cell manipulation as opposed to single cell only.

Also, and I'm sure it will follow, although maybe a little harder to work through, but similar features located within more relevant menus.

ie fan control in sequential injection ? It's just odd

General engine settings 1+2, could be divided up.

eg rev limit parts all together instead of divived

Oil pressure/engine temp safeties, and others in a section.

Triggering system for both crank/cam should have a dedicated setup, as really once this base is done it shouldnt need looked at again. The cam aspect is in another area completely

Sensor calibrations and defaults, error values etc all together as they're divided up a bit too