Massive Update to firmware

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
CupraDine
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 79.02

Massive Update to firmware

Post by CupraDine »

We have upgraded our S60 ECU firmware from v33 ish to v79.02 (2009 - 2015 dates) and we cannot get it to start. I was wondering if the newly unlocked settings need configuring and if so, what do we need to set.

We have a Yamaha R6 YZF 2005 engine. Any help is appreciated.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: Massive Update to firmware

Post by stevieturbo »

And are you getting valid crank/cam signals etc ?

Really it's going to be a case of working through the menu's and entering sensible values as required.
I've never done a jump that big though, so there's bound to be quite a few entries need looked at.
CupraDine
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 79.02

Post by CupraDine »

We have tried to crank it and the ecu always says turning - attempting to synchronise. It will not change from this no matter how long we crank it for. No errors are showing on the crank and cam sensors in the diagnostics display.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Can you try flashing back to an older version ?

Have you worked through all settings to ensure there isnt something random that needs attention because of the large jump ?

Are you getting any fuel or spark ?
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

Use the crankshaft oscilloscope, and upload the picture of that.

Also upload a copy of your map, and I'll have a look at it. If you don't want it on here, email it to me at office@dtafast.co.uk
claggett
ECU Model: S40 Pro

Post by claggett »

I done an update once and the car wouldn't start and something in the general engine settings changed. (I am not going to be much help as I can not remember what it was) but recheck that. It might be different problem to I had tho.