New firmware

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
SMchiptuning
ECU Model: No ECU
Distributor: SM chip tuning
Firmware Version: 99

New firmware

Post by SMchiptuning »

Hi

Is possible to add more main MAP columns in next firmware update ?

Now we have only 14 space,for TPS this is ok but for engine with target boost 3.0 bar or more this is to low MAP column space for correct mapping.

20 columns for map sounds nice if is possible.

Thanks
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Re: New firmware

Post by Alex DTA »

Hi Srdjan

That's not something we're going to do with the current range of ECUs. We'll look at that when we develop the range.
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

MAP columns mostly look like a straight line so not sure why you need more resolution? Yet more unnecessary boxes to fill out seems a bit pointless, but perhaps that's just me :)
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Rob Stevens wrote:MAP columns mostly look like a straight line so not sure why you need more resolution? Yet more unnecessary boxes to fill out seems a bit pointless, but perhaps that's just me :)
Because running an engine that sees 3 bar of boost...having huge steps to squeeze all of that in really does leave poor resolution. Usually it's the MS guys defending poor resolution ;)

And interpolation can only go so far. As I say to the MS guys who think a low numbers of map cells is fine....then why not just have half a dozen rows ?
If interpolation gets the map perfect everywhere...we would need hardly any rows or columns.

The reality is just far from that.