S40 Pro (firmware v47)

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Re: S40 Pro (firmware v47)

Post by Alex DTA »

It's a flexible output. It needs an on and off value. The off value in this case is irrelevant, but a value needs to be filled in, so the maximum value is simply set to a value that's high enough

Ignore the maximum value, and it's simply an on at X degrees, and off when the temp is less than X and the hysteresis. Just like any other fan controller.

The hysteresis is set by the user. 4 was just an example.
Aux5.png
ptsironis
Firmware Version: 47

Post by ptsironis »

katana wrote:That really is backarsewards thinking! What is thepoint of having an off setting that doesn't work how it is supposed to and that you have to use a random number higher than the on number but called off!
The hystersis = 4 ...... is that fixed in software? Most mechanical switches have a bigger switching range than that?
in another case, you may need as example to
Open the aux in 3000rpm, and close it at 7000rpm the ports as i understand and saw on software can be configured to be many thinks , except the default one as was before v62 firmware.

this is what i understood from my latest research now.

in my case, the hysterisis will control when the fan will go Off again.
the aux On at, when it will trigger aux ON (so a gnd to relay 85pin) , off in this case must be an unreachable number theoritically to avoid meshed in the other 2 options.
FIAT Punto HGT SC
ptsironis
Firmware Version: 47

Post by ptsironis »

i would like to thanks everyone for the answers.
Alex also for all the support .
Job done, results are as expected and adviced from Alex.
FIAT Punto HGT SC