S40 Pro (firmware v47)

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
ptsironis
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Firmware Version: 47

S40 Pro (firmware v47)

Post by ptsironis »

Hello to everybody,

As the subject says i am running (since 2009) a DTA s40 pro v47.
recently i had to make some changes on the aux5 port (pin10 for S40, default use shift light)
they used this option to trigger an engine fan via warnings on sensor scaling menu water temp etc. (not configured that way by me and back in 2009 aux2 - pin18 used for my Vtec style system)
probably that was made this way due to a reason that i dont know.

i dont used to log check ecu etc.... never.

now i rewired every electric on the chassis (excluding the engine loom that was a new one with the dta)

i found that the fan was on/off now (at the correct point of temp , but relay is switching on/off during operation etc and of course considering the way they triggers is normal * now i hear it because is located on my passenger floor in a console, previous was in the stock loom position in the engine.
this is the history, and the car is a 1.8 Punto with rotrex supercharger , and is a race car Only.

now the question is.
if i had to configure Aux 4 5 6 setting option in the menu (now is grey scaled on my swin s/w but i am also running a drivers problem on communication that will be sorted in the next connect) is it possible with (older version of v62) ? (what i know is that v62 has a major change in Hysterisis menus on the basic fan options , you can add more that the "stock" 3 degrees . i.e. Fan On at 90 (default old firmwares , puts 3 degrees and off them)
this is something that applied on ALL hysterisis menus ? ie
aux5
click to activate port.
click water temp (to merge the port with this option)
click On at , ie 90
click off at , ie 150 (to stay on as temp is higher)
hysterisis ? (should be default 3 value ? of whatever you put to ON ?) should be configurable as i want ?

all this is possible before v62 ?
or do i have to upgrade to (v79 now On) ?

i dont want to upgrade if i can do my job as it is right now.
i can not use other port/pin on ecu, and basically i dont want to make changes on the ecu (except the nesessary to open the Engine fan correctly by sypplying a stable Gnd trigger to relay pin85)

if someone is 100% sure i would appreciate the answers

also if i had to upgrade, the "flash option button" serial cable, is the same with the simple one ? (pin1 up to pin5 straight and a button on pin8 &13 on the Ecu side?) to fix one?
FIAT Punto HGT SC
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Re: S40 Pro (firmware v47)

Post by Rob Stevens »

Not too sure what you are trying to do but upgrade the firmware yes, modify your programming lead and follow the instructions.

Use the latest firmware and this will give you the hysteresis you are after to control your fan on pin 10 /aux5
Alex DTA
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

Petros needs to use Aux5 to activate the fans, as Aux2 is being used for cams.
v47 doesn't allow this, Aux4/5/6 flexibility was only introduced in v62.

So, yes, a firmware upgrade is needed.
katana
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 29

Post by katana »

Not sure the on / off temps are the right way round? With my Zetec the fan ON is 105 deg C and fan off is 90 deg C. The off has to be lower than the On or it'd never shut off! I don't think any engine would make it to 150 deg C before seizing!
ptsironis

Post by ptsironis »

goodmorning.

so , firmware upgrade Ok.
as for the temps, it was just an example.

if it is better to be ON at 90 , off at 85 ok. (again temps are example number only) this could be tested on use when i can setup the port.

So, what is the wiring pin outs for the cable to reflash the ecu ? what extra pins (on the side of the db15 of ecu used) to be on the button ?
can someone advice to fix the cable ?
FIAT Punto HGT SC
ignitionautosport
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Post by ignitionautosport »

And not forgetting as per DTA's pinout schedule that flash programming switch goes between pin 8 and 13 of the 15pin connector.
normally open
From here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4

It's pinned topic in the Tuning Tips and Tricks section :)
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |
ptsironis

Post by ptsironis »

ignitionautosport wrote:
And not forgetting as per DTA's pinout schedule that flash programming switch goes between pin 8 and 13 of the 15pin connector.
normally open
From here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4

It's pinned topic in the Tuning Tips and Tricks section :)
thank You.
i will made one as this
pin1 up to pin5 one by one
and a Normal open switch o pin 8 & 13 on the 15pin connector.

seems quite simple
then firmware upgrade .

thanks for the tips
FIAT Punto HGT SC
Alex DTA
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

katana wrote:Not sure the on / off temps are the right way round? With my Zetec the fan ON is 105 deg C and fan off is 90 deg C. The off has to be lower than the On or it'd never shut off! I don't think any engine would make it to 150 deg C before seizing!
Aux4/5/6 will not allow the off value to be lower than the on value.
The on value is set to the temp you want the fans to come on. The off value is some excessively high value, so the fans won't turn off when the temperature is higher than the on value.
When the temperature drops below the on value less hysteresis value, the output switches off.

E.g. on value = 90, hystersis = 4. Off value is 150, as that is the maximum

From start, water is colder than 90, so fans off. When it reaches 90, the fans turn on. They will stay on until the water temp drops below 86 (90 degrees - 4 hysteresis)
ptsironis

Post by ptsironis »

Alex DTA wrote:
katana wrote:Not sure the on / off temps are the right way round? With my Zetec the fan ON is 105 deg C and fan off is 90 deg C. The off has to be lower than the On or it'd never shut off! I don't think any engine would make it to 150 deg C before seizing!
Aux4/5/6 will not allow the off value to be lower than the on value.
The on value is set to the temp you want the fans to come on. The off value is some excessively high value, so the fans won't turn off when the temperature is higher than the on value.
When the temperature drops below the on value less hysteresis value, the output switches off.

E.g. on value = 90, hystersis = 4. Off value is 150, as that is the maximum

From start, water is colder than 90, so fans off. When it reaches 90, the fans turn on. They will stay on until the water temp drops below 86 (90 degrees - 4 hysteresis)

thanks Alex,
this is (from our emails) already clear in my mind.
now i need time to ugrade/tune aux5 and test results.
cable is already fixed and waiting
FIAT Punto HGT SC
katana
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 29

Post by katana »

That really is backarsewards thinking! What is thepoint of having an off setting that doesn't work how it is supposed to and that you have to use a random number higher than the on number but called off!
The hystersis = 4 ...... is that fixed in software? Most mechanical switches have a bigger switching range than that?