not transferred succesfully, please train again

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
tastolo
ECU Model: S60 Pro

not transferred succesfully, please train again

Post by tastolo »

Every time I try to change or do something I get this message, not transferred succesfully, please train again, I can not change maps or map, the oscilloscope not work, the engine does not start
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: not transferred succesfully, please train again

Post by stevieturbo »

Has the engine ever run correctly ?

When or why did the problem first occur ?

What laptop are you using, and is there a USB converter being used ?

Does the laptop connect to the software at all ?

We need information.
ignitionautosport
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Post by ignitionautosport »

Sounds like a message if flashing firmware. If you are, Flash it again.
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

That's a message shown when the check sums fail validation while transferring the map from the PC to the ECU.
It's usually caused by a USB driver that's not compatible.

What driver is being used?
lotusbled
Distributor: eurospeed
Firmware Version: 62.02

Post by lotusbled »

Hi just joined up, I'm having the same issue with "map not transferred successfully".
So what I can tell you so far is I bought an S60 back in 04 v32. Also at the time I purchased a usb to serial cable. My laptop was a hp with xp os. All worked just peachy. At one point I had an issue with the operation of the s60, called DTA and was told that there was a wiring problem. However I had run it for 3 or 4 years at that point so I suspected the ecu. I sent it back to DTA and they used it to run a dyno engine and all was good. Allen suggested that he still thought that it was a ground problem in my loom and he would send the box back or at his cost he would sell me a new s60 if I was more comfortably with that. I took him up on his offer of the new s60 so he loaded my maps onto it and sent it back to me. Now the dumb parts. I got the ecu back and it had the same problem and it indeed was a bad ground in the wiring. Lesson learned. Long story short, I have now just got back to modifying my tune. So now I am using the same cable but an IBM T60. I loaded the DTA software onto it and connected to the ecu to off load the map in the DTA to my laptop. All the "check sum" loaded along the bottom of the screen and the progress bar in the middle of the screen fills. All good. Checked to see if my map is in the maps section and it is indeed there. Open the my map and everything is in order as I had left it. However when I try to unlock the map to make changes, this is when I get the message "map not transferred successfully". Also I noticed that when I clicked on the Red unlock button in the lower left of the screen it did not toggle to indicate that I had pressed it. Can't remember if that was normal. So I had the driver disc for the cable which I reinstall, same message. Than I tried the latest drivers for the cable manufacturer . Same message. Then I tried a different laptop. No success. So... new ECU, new drivers and two different laptops. What do you guys think should be my next step? Thanks to all.
ignitionautosport

I would try a new USB-serial cable. I've had similar a issue with another brand of ECU, where the older prolific chipsets aren't compatible with newer versions of windows even if you have the latest drivers.
Mind you, in my instance it wouldn't talk at all. I couldn't understand it, as it was only one brand of ECU. Worth a crack I guess though.
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

Almost certainly a driver issue. Make sure you are using a version we support. See here:

http://www.dtafast.co.uk/download_files ... ttings.pdf

If it's not the correct one, Windows will simply take the latest version on your PC. Use this document to select the correct version:
http://www.dtafast.co.uk/download_files ... Update.pdf
lotusbled

Post by lotusbled »

ok guy's I'll try the DTA driver selection and let you know. Thanks much
lotusbled

Post by lotusbled »

All good, was bad driver on my old cable. Ordered new Prolific cable and all good. Thanks to all. Ross
ignitionautosport

Good stuff!

Different link to one I've seen before, but interesting read: seems older drivers for old cables might be the go.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... fcf?auth=1

And this from Prolific: http://www.prolific.com.tw/US/ShowProdu ... 12&pcid=41
PL-2303HX(Chip Rev A) and PL-2303X(Chip Rev A) Phase out Notice

Dear Customers,

Prolific Full-Speed USB to Serial bridge controller PL-2303HX(Chip Rev A) and PL-2303X (Chip Rev A) will be phased out (EOL) at the end of October, 2012. Both will be replaced by the new PL2303TA which is pin-to-pin compatible with PL-2303HXA and PL-2303XA PCB. Please refer to the PL2303TA PCN, Datasheet, and Migration Guide for more information.

Due to EOL (End-of-Life) policy, please note that PL-2303HX (Chip Rev A) and PL-2303X (Chip Rev A) will not have compulsory driver support for the coming Windows 8 operating system as it is not a supported OS mentioned in the chip datasheet. So it is advisable to switch to the new PL2303TA chip which will include support for Windows 8.

Please kindly inform your last order by the end of September, 2012. We already started supplying PL2303TA since the beginning of December, 2011.