Fuel and ignition map display and manipulation

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
rjwooll
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: Lotusbits
Firmware Version: 75

Fuel and ignition map display and manipulation

Post by rjwooll »

The answers are probably very simple but I can't find them in the manual so here goes:

1. My main fuel map display is compressed into the top left hand portion of the screen and I can't see how to expand it so that the cells are easily visible. The window resize buttons only change the size of the background window, not the map itself.

2. I'm changing my throttle settings in order to increase the granularity of the map at small throttle openings (basically inserting 1% between 0 and 2% and adjusting the throttle opening percentages used further up the table). I was planning to use Excel to calculate the correct interpolated fuelling values for the new throttle settings but I can't find a way of copying the table from DTA to Excel. I can't get copy/paste to work - it just outputs a series of values in text format.

I'd be grateful for any tips.

Thanks, Richard
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Re: Fuel and ignition map display and manipulation

Post by Rob Stevens »

1. You just need to grab the bottom right of the fuel window and pull it as big as you want.
2. I don't think you can copy the numbers into excel, it just sees it as a picture. If its just one column just do it by hand or perhaps try and use the interpolate function from the Edit menu, but I've never quite figured out how that might help with what you are trying to do.
rjwooll

Post by rjwooll »

Thanks Rob, I just found the handle! I'd tried the side and the bottom before but for some reason not the corner.

It's not seen as a picture - it's definitely text with the cell values separated by semicolons.

I might try messing with the interpolate function this pm - how it works has always been a mystery to me too, so if I find anything useful I'll post it here.

Richard
rjwooll

Post by rjwooll »

Quick update - there is an option on the 'Data' tab in Excel that allows you to specify the semicolon as a separator so the numbers can be imported. A bit fiddly as it is all imported into one row, but the bigger challenge will be to get the modified numbers back into DTA!
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

This has been covered before. If you want to copy/past map numbers....you can just open 2 copies of SWin and Copy/paste across into the new map where you want, if that makes things easier.
rjwooll

Post by rjwooll »

I want to copy from excel (in the same table format as the DTA fuel map) and paste into DTA. As far as I can see you can only do this one cell at a time.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Do you need to use Excel though ?
rjwooll

Post by rjwooll »

Well it's easier - I'm changing several of the throttle percentages and will use Excel to calculate the correct interpolated fuelling (and ignition advance) for the new percentages based on the values in the existing map. I could do it cell by cell but it would be rather tedious, so my plan was to calculate the new values in excel, load it into DTA, then view the graphic and compare it to the original one to make sure there are no errors.

Thanks, Richard
Mr Drew
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 62

Post by Mr Drew »

Open the map file using notepad, then under the edit menu select all and copy. Open excel and paste the data in, it should all be in one column, lines 303 to 582 are fuel map 1, the ignition map is in lines 23 to 302. The throttle percentage is 1999 to 2012. If you create a second column that does your recalculation and duplicates the unchanged columns then you can just copy that column out when your finished, back into notepad and save with a .map extension..
rjwooll

Post by rjwooll »

Thanks for the method - useful to know and I'll try it out on a test map first.

Does anybody think that simple, native copy/paste or export/import of a map from DTA to Excel and back would be a good idea? If it's not a lot of work it would be a useful enhancement, I think.

Richard