Sample data logs available?

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
Basil

Sample data logs available?

Post by Basil »

Do DTA have any downloadable sample log files available? If not has anyone got any the would share please? Thanks. Can any DTA ecus output logs in .csv format?
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: Sample data logs available?

Post by stevieturbo »

logs are saved as .DAT files.

You can then import them into Excel or similar if you wish.

send me your email.

Then view them in E-Race, or Jon modified the MS Logviewer so they can read DTA log files too if that suits better
Basil

Post by Basil »

e-mail address is chris@chriswilson.tv

Thanks! Shame they can't be saved as .csv as I have a good app for analysis that I use for some other ecu and data logger logs.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

email sent...
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

and just open the dat file in excel or other spreadsheet viewer and save it as a csv file
Basil

Post by Basil »

Downloading now, thanks Steve. I have never used Excel and didn't know you could save in that format from within it. I don't have Excel on the PC, only Open Office, but hopefully it does something similar. I'll report back, and I appreciate your trouble, cheers.
Jon K
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Distributor: DTA UK
Firmware Version: 73

Post by Jon K »

As Stevie said you can use eRace or MegaLogViewer as we have that supported. What software do you use? You can output to CSV from Excel.
1992 700RWHP Pump Gas BMW
Basil

Post by Basil »

I am using GEMS GDA Pro for viewing not only data from my GEMS DA99-L2 logger, but, seeing as it will import any suitable .csv data, I am using it for data analysis of Adaptronics, Race Technology, hopefully DTA, although the data from stevieturbo looks a bit odd, and any other stuff available as .csv. I am using the GEMS logger to add extra logging memory to a Motec M800 I use, which has only 1 meg of memory, the GEMS logger has 1 gig plus. Sadly the free GDA none Pro version won't import data from other products, you need the pay for Pro version, but it's pretty good, has powerful maths and filtering, and is a one off payment, not an annual licence like i2 Pro from Motec. Even then, i2 Pro won't import none native Motec data without a special licence that's eye wateringly dear. I still love i2, it's so well de bugged and so well supported. When I have had chance to play a little more with the logs from stevieturbo I will, with his permission, post a link to a screenshot of how GDA shows the data.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Basil wrote:Downloading now, thanks Steve. I have never used Excel and didn't know you could save in that format from within it. I don't have Excel on the PC, only Open Office, but hopefully it does something similar. I'll report back, and I appreciate your trouble, cheers.
As I said, I dont use Excel. I also use Openoffice. I just stated Excel as that is the commonly used spreadsheet

Openoffice Scalc allows more file type changes than most software

Dont suppose you found a cheap/free way to have M800 logging without paying Motec ? lol
It just cracks me up the way they lock everything down on their ecu's
Basil

Post by Basil »

I have many friends who say I am mad buying Motec, but when I have a problem during the day Motec UK is open, if it's in the middle of the night, when a panic is on to get a car out for the track the next day, Motec Australia is open. On Sundays and holidays there's a bigger mapper, tuner and user base to pester than for any other ECU, I guess. It's at times like that I don't mind the cost. Their webinars are superb, so is their database, I guess it all needs paying for. I still try and keep up with other ecus and data loggers, some of which seem very good, or quite good and very reasonably priced and specced. That's why I am here. Syvecs / Life looks good. Everything has pros and cons though :)

I have never heard of anyone hacking any Motec product, so I guess the answer is no :)

A legit way to data logging without enabling it in the ecus is to use a CAN based logger, all *00 series CAN capable Motecs transmit data on the CAN bus, logging enabled or not, so an external CAN logger will work. EG, my GEMS DA99-L2 logger. http://www.gatesgarth.com/GEMS/DA99L2.pdf I actually have a spare one I would sell. E-mail if it's of interest, I have done all the hard work getting them to talk to Motec and vice versa. They were very expensive bits of kit, new, but I bought three for a very good price. I need two though.

Will post up how I get on with the data logs, thanks stevieturbo