Droid up and running on custom dash.

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
Pockets
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: Watsons
Firmware Version: 62

Droid up and running on custom dash.

Post by Pockets »

Not new, but cheap and easy. Sourced a new Denovo 7" tablet for AUD96. Loaded DTADroid Pro. Mounted on dashboard of my Mini in a swivel mount so that I had 2 pages of round gauge data in portrait; one page of RPM and Speedo in landscape. Tablet's GPS provides km/h data automatically when the car is on the move. Bought 2 cables - 15 to 9 and 9 to USB, both RS232. Then bought a 12V to tablet compatible transformer and wired it up to work "ignition on". The next trick was to buy an OTR cable that accepted the power from the transformer and paired it with the USB data from the ECU. Two cables in and one out. Power in problem sorted. Photos show connections - a bit clumpy but serviceable. Turn on tablet, fire up motor, streaming starts automatically. Drive car round the block, GPS provides speed data as promised. Not perfect yet - lambda reads off the scale, as identified elsewhere, so waiting to see how that will be solved. Otherwise it works fine. Total cost? Maybe AUD120.
Attachments
ECU Display.jpg
ECU Display.jpg (46.2 KiB) Viewed 4391 times
ECU Display2.JPG
ECU Display2.JPG (57.87 KiB) Viewed 4391 times
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Re: Droid up and running on custom dash.

Post by Alex DTA »

Glad to see you're up and running.

I don't have a working version of Android Studio to update the code, but you can update the gauge following the instructions below.

Unzip the attached file, and copy it to the phone directory DTADroidPro\Projects\DTA. Replace the existing firmware.ini file.
Attachments
firmware.zip
(1.39 KiB) Downloaded 447 times