Beta Software

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Re: Beta Software

Post by Alex DTA »

Shedley wrote:Hello Alex
I've a bug, not that much of a deal but anyway:
If you don't use the program on full screen, i've mentioned this with uding one side of my screen with the old and the other side the new software, you can't see all the menus.
In the old software, the ones that don't fit in the width of the screen are placed underneath. ;)
Hah, I never tested that. I'll look at it this week.
Alex DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

stevieturbo wrote:Firstly..and offline obviously.

Seems to install ok.

Open software and some of the screen text is missing for the intial startup and work offline etc. ie
dta1.jpg
This is due to having the text size set to greater than 100%. I'll have to work out a way to check for that at start up. Ironically enough, the old software required it to be 125% for some PCs, which means this will crop up more than it should.
stevieturbo wrote:Then tried to open a file. It has went to the Users/Mydocs folder and there are some old maps in there ok. It's not the normal C:/DTASwin folder I would use though, so not sure if it's an old one I created or the software did something.

No matter...
The install now uses the Documents folder, and moves anything from the old location to the new location for you.
stevieturbo wrote:however, working through the menu to my normal C:DTASWin folder to open some maps saved there in subfolders I got an unhandled exception error.
Not that I have the first notion what that is lol but it prevents me opening maps from that folder and software wants to shut down

See the end of this message for details on invoking
That's strange, we've not had any errors there. I'll have a look at at that this week.
Alex DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

rover200turbo wrote:I have resized the windows by clicking on the lower right corner and dragging it to the size you want

John
The windows are resizable, but the labels/textboxes don't resize.
See comment about text sizing above.
Alex DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

ignitionautosport wrote:Only the General settings and General Settings 2 aren't resizeable of the ones I've tried so far.

Also had this error when I opened an old map of mine (haven't tried a "new" map):
changed Fan Control on/off in Sequential/Fan windows, went to exit, tried update and stay open, and update and close, both threw errors as per
Hitting F4 did the same also. It didn't error if I Abandoned changes.

Realtime isn't accessable for me testing offline, which is annoying as I usually set up my screen and save layout ahead of time for tuning, but that's minor.

My laptop screen is 3200x1800 and it scales nicely with the Windows scaling, nice work.

The error should be easy enough to reproduce and fix.

Real Time Mapping isn't available yet, that's why it's greyed out. See first post.

Thanks for the scaling comment. :)
Alex DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

Thanks for all the feedback and testing so far, keep it coming.
Alex DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

For stevieturbo and Shedley, are you both on Windows 7?
The scaling issue only happens in Windows 7 (and maybe Windows 8, I haven't got a W8 PC to test on right now, I'll create a VM this week).

This doesn't happen on Windows 10.

To fix that, right click on your desktop, and select Screen Resolution.
Near the bottom of the screen is a link titled "Make text and other items larger or smaller".
Make sure you have selected the recommended or default value.
Shedley
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by Shedley »

Alex DTA wrote:For stevieturbo and Shedley, are you both on Windows 7?
The scaling issue only happens in Windows 7 (and maybe Windows 8, I haven't got a W8 PC to test on right now, I'll create a VM this week).

This doesn't happen on Windows 10.

To fix that, right click on your desktop, and select Screen Resolution.
Near the bottom of the screen is a link titled "Make text and other items larger or smaller".
Make sure you have selected the recommended or default value.
Hello Alex

I’m on windows 10 entreprise ;)
Attachments
DTA 2.jpg
DTA 1.jpg
Alex DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

I thought you were having the same problem as stevie, who is on W7.
If it's just the menu, then that's not W7, and is already fixed.
Alex DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

stevieturbo, can you zip up your map folder and email it to me?

ignitionautosport, can you email me the old map that gave the error?
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Having just tried some other files Alex, it isnt just when trying to use a different folder, seems it just isnt happy with some of my old S-series files.

The first I tried were from around 2014 before I stopped using DTA, but would be my most recent. I tried with some older files...again got an unhandled exception.

So it's not so much a folder issue, as a file issue ?

Some are opening ok though. Have emailed one that I've tried a few times with no luck.