Beta Software

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Re: Beta Software

Post by Alex DTA »

katana wrote:
Alex DTA wrote:You guys need to try harder. I found a few issues this evening.
I'd love to as it looks to have the coloured graphical interface I wanted but................ as it doesn't work with XP i'm buggered in that respect! This lappy is old and slow but its reliable, has serial port and copes with all the motec, DTA and megasquirt files i've accumulated - the Moted M8 files still run under DOS !
XP support is unlikely, as I have to target .Net 4.0, and that loses functionality.
I spent an hour today looking at it, and there isn't a massive impact, but I'm still not comfortable with it.
I'll see what the Real Time Mapping requires, and then revisit XP.
Alex DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

I broke it a bit more than I'd like today, so I'll make some more fixes, and release 82.03/4 tomorrow.
katana
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 29

Post by katana »

Its not a biggie Alex - we use Win7 at work so i'm ok with it as an OS, just worry the lappy won't be up to the task with 7's RAM / processor requirements and losing the legacy connections!
Shedley
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by Shedley »

Hello Alex

Maybe a suggestion for the software:
With the old software, and i see with the new one as well, u have to select multiple cells to be able to use F5. It would be nice if you can alter one cell to, without the need to select multiple cells.
Also now we have to click at change by percent, add amount or set to value. I think it would be faster, and you won't need the mouse (which isn't always easy when you're in the car), is you press F5 and you get the text box like now, but without the options. If you enter "+5" you add a value of 5, if you enter "-5" you subtract a value of 5, if you enter "*1.1" you add 10% and if you just enter "10" you set the value to 10.
Alex DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

katana wrote:Its not a biggie Alex - we use Win7 at work so i'm ok with it as an OS, just worry the lappy won't be up to the task with 7's RAM / processor requirements and losing the legacy connections!
It's not just you, it's been nagging at the back of my mind the whole time.
There are a lot of people still on XP as they don't like the USB converter, and prefer the com port.
Alex DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

Shedley wrote:Hello Alex

With the old software, and i see with the new one as well, u have to select multiple cells to be able to use F5. It would be nice if you can alter one cell to, without the need to select multiple cells.
Also now we have to click at change by percent, add amount or set to value. I think it would be faster, and you won't need the mouse (which isn't always easy when you're in the car), is you press F5 and you get the text box like now, but without the options. If you enter "+5" you add a value of 5, if you enter "-5" you subtract a value of 5, if you enter "*1.1" you add 10% and if you just enter "10" you set the value to 10.
Removing the need to select multiple cells is a 5 second job. I just kept the functionality the same as before, as I had no reason to change it.

The rest will be a bit trickier, as the fields only allow numbers right now. It's not impossible though, but it will wait until after the real time mapping is done.
Shedley

Post by Shedley »

Alex DTA wrote:

Removing the need to select multiple cells is a 5 second job. I just kept the functionality the same as before, as I had no reason to change it.

The rest will be a bit trickier, as the fields only allow numbers right now. It's not impossible though, but it will wait until after the real time mapping is done.
I understand ;)

Also don’t get me wrong i’m not critisizing your work, just some things i missed before. But i think this it’s due to not using the dyno control box(personal preference, i prefer my keyboard), that i missed those things. Just like we’ve talked about in germany, the fact you have to press F4 before the F5 changes are actualy active in real gime tuning .
Anyway good work already ! Intrested in the progress :)
Jon K
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Distributor: DTA UK
Firmware Version: 73

Post by Jon K »

Great job Alex so glad to see this platform being improved!
1992 700RWHP Pump Gas BMW
tryolz
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Distributor: xap
Firmware Version: 61

Post by tryolz »

or it might be simple to do like this :
select all the cells you want to edit and then using a combination of "shift" or "Ctrl" and "+" or "-" to increase a value by a certain percentage or a direct value.
it helps to made a quick approach of what is needed and then fine tune using the F5 menu.
but as someone said earlier it might be because we are not using the knob box with realtime mapping as we are not familiar to it or because we have to deal with different ecu brands and each has a specific tuning mode.
Anyway good job done Alex you are THE MAN.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

The easiest way and how most other ecus do it...

Simply select cells, whether one or many via mouse or shift and cursors, and then either +/- buttons, or pgup or pgdown to increase or decrease the values in those cells
And of course with option to either interpolate between them vertically or horizontally.

or you can direct enter a value for those cells.

it gives the user the fastest and easiest way of adjusting cells, and also smoothing any groups of cells too.