Map Compare

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
Jon K
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Distributor: DTA UK
Firmware Version: 73

Re: Map Compare

Post by Jon K »

That's a good idea - you can cheat and make 300 rwhp in the bike but you're going to need the fuel to do it. Or, you can make 100 rwhp in the bike and finish the race.
1992 700RWHP Pump Gas BMW
ignitionautosport

Post by ignitionautosport »

I honestly do not see it being an issue, they have to use oem engine, and airbox even, but exhaust is free. Limiting fuel possibly not a good idea, as you don't know how many laps they run before starting. Oh it's dirt track/circletrack speedway.
I think using the oem airbox is enough. The older non-injected models are free to change jets and timing etc, and I have been outlining that an ecu only does the same thing but easier, and lighter load and transitions would be better. Wide open power should make no difference over a well tuned carb setup.
The main issue is lack of understanding, as it has been restricted to carbs and mechanical injection - the rules were originally written in the 30's I believe, and we are tying to get a test car out there for a season with aftermarket efi.
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Not so much a restriction on fuel quantity overall. But fuel quantity available to the engine at any given time.

That can be used to limit power and promote efficiency. Which are obviously areas were a well setup ecu will far outshine a carb'd setup.

Although I guess an air inlet restrictor does actually do the same job in a slight different way. No point dumping loads of fuel in if there's no air.
ignitionautosport

Post by ignitionautosport »

Exactly, and that way people won't try and tune on the ragged lean edge - which they would if you restricted fuel and not air.

Anyway, I don't foresee it being an issue, was merely an inquiry in case I had missed the feature as I had a question on it.
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |