Map Compare

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
ignitionautosport
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Map Compare

Post by ignitionautosport »

I can't find any Map Compare functionality, which would be nice to see if anyone has been tampering with a map after being tuned. ie; I want to compare the map on the unit with the map on my laptop and highlight any differences, possibly with amount change.

Am I blind or is this function not available?
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |
ignitionautosport

Re: Map Compare

I am going to assume not, as nothing about it in the manual or software.
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |
VR6Turbo
Firmware Version: 62

Post by VR6Turbo »

OE ECUs use checksum tests to check for tampering but I guess you could raise it with Allan and see if it's possible? Showing you exactly where the changes have been made in the modified map, like legal blacklining in a word document, would be a hell of a lot of code work I suspect!
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Getting back to basics....can you just load the old map and look at it ? lol

You can open two DTASwin windows at once so have both maps available. Not quite the same as a compare function though as it is all manual
Jon K
Distributor: DTA UK
Firmware Version: 73

Post by Jon K »

If you open the map in a text editor you can use a comparing tool like programmers use to see what lines are different. That will give you an idea of what section has been modified.
1992 700RWHP Pump Gas BMW
ignitionautosport

Yeah, I had the question put to by series organizers - however the series has various makes and models, so I suggested they are better off not policing that side of it and restricting the class in other ways if need to level the playing field.
Jon K

Post by Jon K »

The series allows aftermarket ECUs? That's cool at least.
ignitionautosport

Bike engines, and is getting hard to police oem ecu's due to having to fudge kickstand sensors etc and things that arent there anymore. Also there are rumours of units being reflashed - but no one can confirm as they have the diagnostic connector cut off.... far easier to open it up and restrict them other ways if needed. They are looking at a few different aftermarket units.
Jon K

Post by Jon K »

ignitionautosport wrote:Bike engines, and is getting hard to police oem ecu's due to having to fudge kickstand sensors etc and things that arent there anymore. Also there are rumours of units being reflashed - but no one can confirm as they have the diagnostic connector cut off.... far easier to open it up and restrict them other ways if needed. They are looking at a few different aftermarket units.
That's funny I didn't even consider bikes had kickstand sensors - funny!

It would be cool for DTA to be adopted. Since the map file is just text you can use almost any file comparison tool to examine two.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Restrict in what way ?

Chris mentioned an interesting idea on another forum. Instead of restricting rpm, or air or boost etc etc.

Restrict the amount of fuel available.

I guess either by a single fixed tank size, or a fixed orifice feed line to the engine ( or perhaps it might be easier to restrict before the pump ). That would promote performance and fuel efficiency.