E48 can't change some parameters

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
Cpur
ECU Model: S100 Pro

E48 can't change some parameters

Post by Cpur »

Hi guys,
I am currently trying to start a beetle on a E48. It one hell of a project.

I am having some issues when changing parameters on Dtawin.
Alex let me know that i have to reset the ecu every time for it to take the changes.

I managed to change and save the maps that i am working with this is just for starting after wiring and then it leaves for mapping at a local tuner.

However when i change Injector dead time from 0 to 0.75 , i press enter, then close the window , and a window prompts (update general engine settings)Yes or no; i press yes. I also save on disk
If i reopen the general engine setting window i see the same value. If i switch off ecu and on again, i open window i see the same value. if i restart dtawin , i connect to ecu. i find a prompt saying that the maps on the ecu and are not the same, I say load from ecu. Guess what , general engine setting, injector dead time back to 0ms.

can anyone help? maybe someone has encountered this problem.

occasionally i get transmission buffer full and dtawin shuts down

thanks and regards
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: E48 can't change some parameters

Post by stevieturbo »

And can you create this map offline, and then upload the map to the ecu ok ?

How are you communicating with the ecu ?
Cpur
ECU Model: S100 Pro

Post by Cpur »

Steveturbo

I don't know for what reason i can't communicate with my laptop using my cable and converter. Now mine works fine on my S100.

I will get back to you with which windows ,converter, later today as its the owner's laptop.

Regards
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

As with many other threads.

Often odd problems like that come down to the USB or other adapter in use.

Always try and use a laptop with a serial port, failing that its finding a USB adapter that will work. Many are hit or miss though