Injection Angle Start or End

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
rajjinator
ECU Model: S60 Pro

Injection Angle Start or End

Post by rajjinator »

Hi,

In relation to the injection angle map, the help and user guides state that "Whether this angle affects the beginning or end of injection is defined in Engine Configuration / Sequential Injection and Fan Control.". However, if you are not using sequential injection, the 'start or end' radio buttons in the software are greyed out. Is this a bug with DTASwin? If so, will momentarily enabling sequential injection and then altering the start/end setting and then disabling the sequential injection again have the desired effect of altering the behaviour of the injection angle map?

Thanks,
Matt
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Re: Injection Angle Start or End

Post by Rob Stevens »

Not sure what you are trying to do. Sequential start and end points only avalable if you have a cam sensor, won't work in batch mode.
rajjinator

Post by rajjinator »

So the injector angle map (essential map settings > Injector angle map) has no affect when in batch mode? It seems to change the way the engine runs when I alter it! I am simply trying to determine if this map is the start or end of injection.
Rob Stevens

Post by Rob Stevens »

Yeh it shouldn't do anything as without cam sensor you only have 360 deg to play with, cam gives you 720. But to be honest I've never tried it in batch as you are injecting twice per cycle any way. I think that the injectors 1 and 2 fire 180degire apart on 4 cylinder giving you sort of sequential but I'm not sure if the injection point can be adjusted. If you have a knobs box you can use left knob to adjust injection angle, but I've not tried it in batch mode. Alex will confirm.
katana
Firmware Version: 29

Post by katana »

As my understanding of batch / wasted spark engines is that there are two injection events for each cylinder - an adjustable angle trim would be pointless as the 'spare' injected fuel will be ingested whenever the valve opens not when the injector fires? With full sequential, obviously the individual cylinder injection can be tailored to gain max torque / hp at any particular point - boosting some areas and detracting from others. I don't recalling much emphasis being placed on it other than people searching for the last hp!
rajjinator

Post by rajjinator »

The only reason for looking at this is because I seem to be getting poor transient response off idle and the injection angle is one thing that can improve this. My understanding is that short pulse widths at idle (due to large injectors) with sub-optimal injection timing can lead to poor mixture/throttle response. Altering the value in the injection angle map seems to make a big difference but perhaps it is placebo or I previously smoked a lot of crack.

I may just end up fitting a cam sensor to be honest.
Rob Stevens

Post by Rob Stevens »

I just use injection angle to make the mix rich as possible at idel cant see it has much to do with transients so long as there are no massive steps in the angle map.