CAN TPS update time?

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
Redseven
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 90.10

CAN TPS update time?

Post by Redseven »

Hi,

We have an S100Pro connected to a RT DL1club with CAN.

I'm trying to log data to, in particular, assist setting up launch and traction, and paddle shift control on a hillclimb car.

Whilst I seem to be able to log sensible data for RPM, wheel speed and gear potentiometer, the throttle position and gear selected data looked odd.

I can easily live without the gear indication (being able to see what I need from the potentiometer analog input), but, as I've removed all interpolation in the RT software, it now looks like the TPS value is only being updated at exactly 1 second intervals.

I have "standard CAN stream" On, 50Hz Frequency, and 1M bit rate set.

Is there something I can do to improve the TPS update rate to the datalogger?
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Re: CAN TPS update time?

Post by Rob Stevens »

For setting up the paddle shift you are best using the ecu logger as this can run at 100Hz, use the paddle logger option.
Sorry not sure about the slow CAN updates, I would personally run the TPS analog direct to the logger
Redseven
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 90.10

Re: CAN TPS update time?

Post by Redseven »

Hi Rob,
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I was going to use the ECU logging for paddle shift.
I've actually spliced into the loom now to read TPS voltage directly into the DL1.
'just seems very odd that RPM, oil pressure, gear pot, and all four wheel speeds look to update quickly enough over CAN to be useful, but the TPS does not :-(