Windows 7 yet??

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
j.wilson

Windows 7 yet??

Post by j.wilson »

Hi guys, I'm running an S60 and I want to get my driveability improved- so I want to tune in real time- Problem is... its on a bike.

So I want to run a Win 7 tablet mounted on the fuel tank.... will the DTASWin software run on Windows 7?

Otherwise I have to buy one to find out.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: Windows 7 yet??

Post by stevieturbo »

j.wilson wrote:Hi guys, I'm running an S60 and I want to get my driveability improved- so I want to tune in real time- Problem is... its on a bike.

So I want to run a Win 7 tablet mounted on the fuel tank.... will the DTASWin software run on Windows 7?

Otherwise I have to buy one to find out.
I'd say you're taking a bit of a gamble there. And even with a laptop connected, real time tuning ability on the DTA is still severely lacking compared to other brand ecu's

I havent come across anyone using a tablet with DTA yet, let alone on W7 as well.

Many people seem to struggle to get their W7 computer to connect.

What aspects are you struggling with ? Can't they be resolved with some decent logging and some common sense ?
j.wilson

Post by j.wilson »

Its the transients- on and off small throttle openings.
I actually strapped a laptop to my tank and did a tuning ride.

It was by far the easiest way to improve drivability... bike went out a bit rough and came back lovely. But I was severely limited to the speed I could go with the laptop on the tank- 40mph top.

If this is a problem with Win7 then I'll wait till the software is upgraded to suit Win7- will happen eventually I guess.

Dyno work has proved good to set up the basic map, and the bike runs ok, its just that I want it to be better.
welshpug
ECU Model: S40 Pro

Post by welshpug »

EEK! definitely a case for a knobs box there!
lumley32
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 61

Post by lumley32 »

windows 7 works fine, was using it less then an hour ago!

whats wrong with going on a dyno? lol
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Holy good fkkkkk

That picture appeared on my FB and I assumed it was a joke. Surely nobody could be that stupid to ride a bike and have that working at the same time ?

What exactly are the issues with transients ?

Often people get carried away and add too much fuel which causes poor response.
j.wilson

Post by j.wilson »

Thanks Lumley, that was helpful.
lumley32
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 61

Post by lumley32 »

stevie, is it any worse than doing the same thing in a car?

not saying its the right or safe way, but i cant see any difference between that and having a lap top on the passenger seat!

just put it on a dyno, then you will be able to get it right!
Antral

Post by Antral »

j.wilson wrote:Its the transients- on and off small throttle openings.
I actually strapped a laptop to my tank and did a tuning ride.

It was by far the easiest way to improve drivability... bike went out a bit rough and came back lovely. But I was severely limited to the speed I could go with the laptop on the tank- 40mph top.

If this is a problem with Win7 then I'll wait till the software is upgraded to suit Win7- will happen eventually I guess.

Dyno work has proved good to set up the basic map, and the bike runs ok, its just that I want it to be better.
F**k me it takes me all my time to keep an eye out for the other idiot road users never mind use a laptop as well when i am on my bike. LOL :o
welshpug
ECU Model: S40 Pro

Post by welshpug »

typically when the laptop is in a car the mapper is in the passenger seat ;)