gear ratio settings.

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

gear ratio settings.

Post by stevieturbo »

Gear by shaft rpm settings.

Anyone done this ? Noticed any software glitches ?

I set this up at the weekend, using Left Driven wheel speed.

Gear ratio requires the value to be gear ratio x final drive ratio to make it work.

But When I was entering values, the little warning at the bottom rarely turned red to force me to hit F4. And the display stating shaft rpm and current gear always froze, forcing me to close the screen and re-open. And even then, the display still would still freeze if I entered a new value.
Again, close the screen down and re-open.

Also noticed that once values were set ok, then viewing in real time display. It took a long time for 1st gear to be recognised when pulling away from standstill, after that it was ok though.

And finally...Ive just opened the software in my home PC as I type here...and the 1-6 gear ratio values I had entered are appearing reversed in the software ? Not how I entered the values.

Anyone else ?
Bollah
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 71

Re: gear ratio settings.

Post by Bollah »

I've got this setup and running on mine. It allows me to have the front driven speed which I can compare against the rear undriven speed, thus giving me T/C.

Anyway, I had no issues filling the data in on my S60 (F/W V62).

I have also noticed that it takes a while (about a second or 2) for 1st gear to be recognised and when nailing it, say in 3rd gear, it will occasionally say it's in 1st gear, then back to 3rd gear, but it's only happening for 0.1 of a second, as I can see it in the logs.

The reversing of values I think I noticed, but if you close the window down and open it back up again, the values are back in order. Close it down and open it again and it's reversed.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Looking at this more today. This bug DOES affect gear detection on the ecu.

When it reverses the values, it isnt just a visual bug, it has actually reversed the values.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Latest 63.04 seems to have corrected these bugs.