Distance via logs, ML viewer

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Distance via logs, ML viewer

Post by stevieturbo »

I made this query earlier, and Phil was very prompt to respond. Cant thank him enough !

In short...creating a custom field allows you to create a distance entry calculated from undriven wheel speed vs time.

Ive done mine so it reads in feet. Basically so I can break down 1/4 mile runs where no timing stats have been actually given. Or even if doing some testing somewhere with no gear, you could calculate a pretty damn close 1/4 mile time, or even further distances.

This formula works of L U SP ( mph ) and TIME to give distance in feet

[Distance-1] >= 0 ? [Distance-1]+(([L U SP]/3600)*([TIME]-[TIME-1]))*5280 : (([L U SP]/3600)*([TIME]-[TIME-1]))

Remove the *5280 and it should give distance in miles.

From his email, if logging speed is in KPH, distance will be in kilometres. Change the wheel speed input to whichever you use.

It has 3 decimal points at present...waiting to see if Phil can sort that. It also seems to count distance backwards. Although that's maybe because DTA files are loaded reversed so they actually view in chronological order.
Jon K
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Distributor: DTA UK
Firmware Version: 73

Re: Distance via logs, ML viewer

Post by Jon K »

This is awesome Stevie, just came across it.
1992 700RWHP Pump Gas BMW
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: Distance via logs, ML viewer

Post by stevieturbo »

It would be nice if the field returned to zero every time the vehicle became stationary, but seems that is difficult.

Even getting the counter to count upwards took a few goes. It isnt perfect, but it is still usable.

Only negative I'm seeing is that ML viewer wont interpolate the 0.1s log samples to a lower frequency. But it is still very useful for comparing accel over distance.