X-Dash configuration

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
mefmotorsport
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: Mefmotorsport
Firmware Version: 79

X-Dash configuration

Post by mefmotorsport »

Useful info:

Well actually it's S60 configuration in this instance, not the X dash itself!

I was setting up an S60 for a guy with a sequential box and an X Dash. We have the gear potentiometer feeding directly into the DTA S60, the X dash getting the info via the CAN link. (sensor scaling, gear etc.... input volts and each gear number)

We couldn't get the X dash to display an R for reverse. neutral and all forward gears programmed up easily with no problem

It said on the DTASwin software to enter "-1" for reverse which makes sense but it wouldn't accept "-1".

I found out since that it has to be "- space 1" which works perfectly, this is not in the manual!

Martin
Jon K
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Distributor: DTA UK
Firmware Version: 73

Re: X-Dash configuration

Post by Jon K »

Haha wow - abstract. Did you mention to Allan? Good find!
1992 700RWHP Pump Gas BMW
mefmotorsport

Post by mefmotorsport »

Jon K wrote:Haha wow - abstract. Did you mention to Allan? Good find!
No, but I will do today!

Martin
mefmotorsport

Post by mefmotorsport »

I was wrong! As Allan pointed out, if you put in "-1" then hit "enter" to go to the next box it works fine and allows the change to be saved by F4 or exiting. I was just putting in "-1" using the mouse to get to the box then hitting F4 and it didn't like it! You have to hit "enter" after entering a box to make a change, the f4 to update. Strangely it did when I put the space in, although maybe I hit the enter key but hadn't realised!

Anyway its one to watch for.

martin
Jon K
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Distributor: DTA UK
Firmware Version: 73

Post by Jon K »

mefmotorsport wrote:I was wrong! As Allan pointed out, if you put in "-1" then hit "enter" to go to the next box it works fine and allows the change to be saved by F4 or exiting. I was just putting in "-1" using the mouse to get to the box then hitting F4 and it didn't like it! You have to hit "enter" after entering a box to make a change, the f4 to update. Strangely it did when I put the space in, although maybe I hit the enter key but hadn't realised!

Anyway its one to watch for.

martin
Argh - yes that has bitten me too. Putting in a value and hitting tab is what I am inclined to do but it seems you have to hit enter some times!
1992 700RWHP Pump Gas BMW