S40 USB-ECU problems

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
s40pro
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: XAP
Firmware Version: 63

S40 USB-ECU problems

Post by s40pro »

Hi,
I am trying to mapping my S40pro ignition, with a laptop in windows 7, after download the softwares for the dtaswin and for the usb serial port adaptor ( with a knob box ) I configurated the COM in COM1 in the laptop and in the dtaswin in mode offline.

If I have the USB in the laptop but with the ECU switch off, I can run the dtaswin in offline and I try connect the ECU : he says - ECU not connected or switch off , and yes is switch off.... I switch on the ECU un the 12v pins ( one pine + and the 2 pins for the ground ) and try to connect and says : FAIL ! Com port already in use !

If I turn on the laptop with the USB, switch on the ECU and turn on the dtaswin, I have a 8020 alert !!

I tryed to put the speed in the buffer in the lowest as recomended by the knob box builder, put the settings 10 times in COM1.... turn off the laptop and turn on 10 times, but same result....

All tryed also in a different laptop with windows vista.... EXACTLY , all the alerts are the same in the same order.

I hope I am rating a little thing I can't see, but I have not more solutions... I had also a answer from DTA and with the drivers, the coms configurated and all like this... they not understund because doesen't work.

Please if you had the ( com port already in use or the 8020 alert ) please, tell me how can I do.

Regards.
lumley32
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 61

Re: S40 USB-ECU problems

Post by lumley32 »

change to a different com port, you need to do this in control panel and dtaSwin. sometimes windows keeps com1 open so you cant use it!
s40pro

Post by s40pro »

Hi,
thanks for comment, now I have all ok, but the MAP is blocked and only read as if I stay all the time at the same load... no changes in idle, acceleration or deceleration... maybe I put the wires inversed in the ground and signal in the map connector ?
Thanks
mefmotorsport
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: Mefmotorsport
Firmware Version: 79

Post by mefmotorsport »

yes, sounds like a map sensor wiring issue, by doing so you may even have damaged the map sensor which is unrepairable so be aware of this.

Martin
s40pro

Post by s40pro »

Hi Martin,
thanks a lot one more time !

I talked with the person pass me the connectors, ECU, etc and he say me, the connection is marked in the DTA docs is not correct for the Marelli sensor !
I put the wires as I read in the docs....
Soon I can test the systeme with the connection tell me this guy, I hope the sensor is ok....
In used :
A +
B SIGNAL
C -
and he say I must use:

A SIGNAL
B -
C +

Regards.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Looking at a drawing I found online, it would suggest

A- 5v
B- ground
c- signal

http://rpm.planetaclix.pt/ecu/IAWmap.htm
s40pro

Post by s40pro »

Hi stevie,
thanks a lot, I search also in the magneti marelli and I found this...

I say you if it works when my customer comes with the car and I try and test, now he is running with the standard ignition in the car, I mounted the dta without remove the original system.
mefmotorsport
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: Mefmotorsport
Firmware Version: 79

Post by mefmotorsport »

so thats 3 suggested variations of map sensor wiring for the marelli sensor, I dont know which is correct
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

mefmotorsport wrote:so thats 3 suggested variations of map sensor wiring for the marelli sensor, I dont know which is correct
The one I posted of course ;) lol
s40pro

Post by s40pro »

Yes, one is correct !!

I think I see one little problem, I supose I inversed the 5v with the signal, because the 123 in the map sensor is inversed if we look in the loom connector, wen I put the connector in the map sensor, the 1 is the 3, the 2 is the 2 and the 3 is the 1.... the plastic connector in the loom have the 123 in the inversed order as the note we found in the Magneti Marelli doc !!