S60 issues

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: S60 issues

Post by stevieturbo »

Roverdose wrote:must just be me then! ill have another go.

Drew
Just click over the locking tab, and they should push/pull very easily.

Motec, Haltech and other ecu's as well as some OEM now use these same connectors. They are very easy to work with.
godspeed
ECU Model: S60 Pro

Post by godspeed »

Its been running as it is for a couple of weeks though , would it all of a sudden need these swapping over ?

Thanks for the help so far , its starting to do my head in lol !
mefmotorsport
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: Mefmotorsport
Firmware Version: 79

Post by mefmotorsport »

Do you still have the old loom ? If so double check the crank sensor pin connections by buzzing them through to the ecu with a test meter on ohms or continuity and make sure they are the same way around. easy to do for a confidence check. I had the same fault on my C2R2 with a Marelli ecu, I had changed the crank sensor connector and inadvertently wired it back to front and my engine just wouldn't start, took me 2 weeks going through the loom before I realised what I'd done!

Martin
godspeed

Post by godspeed »

mefmotorsport wrote:Do you still have the old loom ? If so double check the crank sensor pin connections by buzzing them through to the ecu with a test meter on ohms or continuity and make sure they are the same way around. easy to do for a confidence check. I had the same fault on my C2R2 with a Marelli ecu, I had changed the crank sensor connector and inadvertently wired it back to front and my engine just wouldn't start, took me 2 weeks going through the loom before I realised what I'd done!

Martin

The old loom was the original cup car loom running the magneti marrelli ecu and dash , and it has been cut as it was hard wired into the car loom , I have had a new engine and dash loom made , and it has been running for a couple of weeks fine so I can't see it being a wire fitted wrong otherwise it would have been a fault from day 1

Cheers Ian
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

godspeed wrote:Its been running as it is for a couple of weeks though , would it all of a sudden need these swapping over ?

Nope it doesnt make any sense. But it's exactly the same scenario another user described.

When you scoped the sensor at the ecu plug, was the polarity correct or not ?
godspeed

Post by godspeed »

stevieturbo wrote:
godspeed wrote:Its been running as it is for a couple of weeks though , would it all of a sudden need these swapping over ?

Nope it doesnt make any sense. But it's exactly the same scenario another user described.

I don't know sorry , I paid a guy to come here and test it for me , and he said everything was working right
mefmotorsport
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: Mefmotorsport
Firmware Version: 79

Post by mefmotorsport »

The thing is most engines will usually start (reluctantly) with the crank sensor reversed wired on DTA ecu's but they don't rev cleanly or drive properly, when you had it mapped was it on the old or new loom?

All you need to do test with a simple ohm or continuity meter from the crank sensor connector pin through to the S40 crank sensor input pin (19) and also to the ground (21), make sure its the same way around as in the old loom.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

godspeed wrote:
stevieturbo wrote:

I don't know sorry , I paid a guy to come here and test it for me , and he said everything was working right
The sensor can be working right....doesnt mean its configured right for the ecu. A scope trace would tell all, taking note of it's polarity.
godspeed

Post by godspeed »

mefmotorsport wrote:The thing is most engines will usually start (reluctantly) with the crank sensor reversed wired on DTA ecu's but they don't rev cleanly or drive properly, when you had it mapped was it on the old or new loom?

All you need to do test with a simple ohm or continuity meter from the crank sensor connector pin through to the S40 crank sensor input pin (19) and also to the ground (21), make sure its the same way around as in the old loom.

The dyno has its own loom , my one wasn't used as at the time it wasn't made , when I had the engine back from the dyno we fitted it in the car and it was sent off to have the loom made to fit.

Right sorted now !

Got another crank sensor in yesterday from a dealer , and they give you a new type now that needs the wiring changed , so fitted that , er and it still didn't work ! did an oscilloscope test through the ECU and there was nothing , changed it for the older style new crank sensor I had , did the ecu oscilloscope test and again nothing.
Fitted my original crank sensor and did a test and we were getting it to read , but it would take about 2 mins of cranking for it to finish the test , we had a reading but still no spark.

Left the electrician to it as I was busy sorting orders going out , so he finished wiring my stack oil pressure sensor and finally got the gear display sensor reading properly then checked the wiring again to the ecu , had the ecu out , put it back in , don't know what he did but we checked it again and on the ecu oscilloscope and we got a reading within a second or two , checked the spark plugs and we had a spark , fitted the plugs back in and it fired up.

Thank **** for that ! have messed about with the wiring while its running to see if it cuts out and all seems fine so don't know what he did , but now I don't care as its working and I can crack on finishing it ready for West Cork

Many thanks for all your input

Cheers Ian
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Would be nice to know what he did though. Sounds like a wiring issue for sure. Maybe a pin not pushed in correctly into the plug or something ?