Real Time knobs

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Real Time knobs

Post by stevieturbo »

A member over on EFI101 asked this question the other day.

basically he said that in Real Time Mapping, the Shift/F7 and Shift/F8 keys did not raise/lower the settings as they should

Basically they should be doing what the knob box does.

Ive never actually used that feature before and tried tonight on my own car. And as he says, it doesnt seem to work. I tried with knobs on, and knobs off.
Nothing seemed to make any changes when using those key options.

Any thoughts ?

http://efi101.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=51730#51730
ignitionautosport
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Re: Real Time knobs

Post by ignitionautosport »

May be a bug, possibly report it, however I don't care myself, seems a redundant feature they could get away with removing rather than fixing - I'm sure time could be better sent elsewhere.

Of course, it is frustrating for the person expecting it to work, but I'd really expect them to use a knob box in reality.

I haven't ever tried it as I use a knob box.
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Even the up/down buttons on the screen have never really worked either. I know they did on the old P series, but never did on the S.

Other than last night, I did only ever try a few years ago when I first swapped to the S series.

But if the options are there, then they absolutely should work. Dont see any mention in the manual stating that they need anything special to work.
katana
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 29

Post by katana »

Somewhat a PITA if they don't work! Not all of us have access to a 'knob box' + it is another link in a wiring chain to go wrong. Laptop tuning with my ancient M8 Motec was relatively pain free.
And why use a 'shift F?' command anyway what was wrong with simple arrow up / arrow down or page up / page down - simple two finger operations?
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

katana wrote:Somewhat a PITA if they don't work! Not all of us have access to a 'knob box' + it is another link in a wiring chain to go wrong. Laptop tuning with my ancient M8 Motec was relatively pain free.
And why use a 'shift F?' command anyway what was wrong with simple arrow up / arrow down or page up / page down - simple two finger operations?
DTA has never embraced simple live tuning strategies. Why, Ive no idea, but they never have. It is the single biggest failing of the DTA ecu in my opinion

A Knob box can be made for a very small sum of money, it isnt some magical beast made from solid gold. And if you can afford a dyno or dyno time, then a dyno box really costs nothing by comparison and will be faster and easier to use than on screen controls.

Despite the above, making tuning changes via the keyboard isnt that difficult either.

As I and others have said....we've never even tried to do what the OP is asking, and Ive been using DTA for 12 years !
claggett
ECU Model: S40 Pro

Post by claggett »

When I first got my s40 (4 odd years ago) I tried to use the on screen and keyboard stuff with no luck. So I made my own dyno box. So it seems they must have got shot of the feature on the s series.

Darren