comms issues via usb

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
welshpug
ECU Model: S40 Pro

Re: comms issues via usb

Post by welshpug »

well, it seems I didn't have any issues other than the broken earth in my loom second time around...

should have noticed it wasn't priming the fuel pump, I wish these ecu's had a power on led like a few other ones I can remember, oh and an usb port...
mefmotorsport
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: Mefmotorsport
Firmware Version: 79

Post by mefmotorsport »

I just bought an FTDI chipset serial USB adaptor from here: http://www.usbnow.co.uk/p48/USB_to_RS23 ... _info.html

It worked first time on my Win7 pc and with DTASwin, it even worked first time with out all the usual problems on STFlasher for reflashing the ecu firmware. perfect!

Martin
Uno4ever
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Firmware Version: 42

Post by Uno4ever »

Hi guys,
I don't know if what i'm about to post is already mentioned elsewhere, i apologize in advance:
Has anyone encountered the following problem? Last year while programming the ecu (let's say adjusting the fuel time in a S40 Pro fuel basic map and accelerating in order to see from the wideband sensor where the mixture is lean, i notice that the active cell in the fuel map sticks to a certain rpm line (let's say 5500) but the engine of course moves up towards redline. Is that a matter of slow laptop cpu? is it a matter of bad communication? bad drivers? Low battery voltage that goes to the ecu perhaps? bad loom job of the ecu-rpm sensor cable?
Do you have anything in mind? Now the engine is missing cause i am building a stronger setup. For the record, the laptop was a Dell inspiron mini and the Operating system was Windows 7, ecu DTA S40 Pro, version very old (older than 50)
Thanks in advance
Costas