I would like to request from DTA ...

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
Page
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Distributor: Local Dealer GR
Firmware Version: 62

I would like to request from DTA ...

Post by Page »

(I did not find something similar so...)
I would like to request, in a later version of software, to be possible to regulate the turbo pressure through the air temperature in order to achieve operation of modern turbo engines. (or like modern turbo engines do)
A simple function that works as a blanket over the "Target pressure" map.
Let's say that there is simple one column or two row table with specified temperatures and percentage (%) that can be added or removed in order to achieve higher or low turbo pressure.

Regards
George.
Last edited by Page on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: I would like to request from DTA ...

Post by stevieturbo »

Bit of a language barrier.

But I think you're asking for a engine coolant temperature based boost limit. Or perhaps also a reduced rpm limit based on engine temperature.

I would agree that both would be worthwhile features.
Antral

Post by Antral »

Why do people ask for things from DTA on this forum when the forum clearly has nothing to do with DTA. :?
You would have to email them directly to get anything sorted, good luck with that one..
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Antral wrote:Why do people ask for things from DTA on this forum when the forum clearly has nothing to do with DTA. :?
You would have to email them directly to get anything sorted, good luck with that one..
Because it is a public forum. When the product is in the public domain, what is wrong with people expressing their views and thoughts on useful features, which can be debated by others ?
Some might be useless, some useful. But until the ideas are out there, maybe there would be some stroke of genius idea too that just needs refined.

If everyone kept their ideas a secret, development for what customers might never happen at all.
Forums are a great user resource not only for existing customers, but potential customers, and in general should be embraced by the manufacturers.

And I'm sure someone from DTA takes a peek on the odd occasion. How could they resist all these wonderful people and their flying machines :mrgreen:

Oh...and while we're on the topic...lets not forget this thread :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=265
Page

Post by Page »

stevieturbo wrote:Bit of a language barrier.

But I think you're asking for a engine coolant temperature based boost limit. Or perhaps also a reduced rpm limit based on engine temperature.

I would agree that both would be worthwhile features.
Sorry for my language mistakes . I tried to correct my post.
(please have a look ... again :oops: )
Antral wrote:Why do people ask for things from DTA on this forum when the forum clearly has nothing to do with DTA. :?
You are asking me? Stevieturbo has the answer.
However, it is certain that if I send e-mail to DTA and ask what i want ...
I will definitely need a lot of luck. :lol:
So if you believe that it is useless and fills the server with junk !
Then, clearly, moderators can erase the thread .
thks .
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

emails cost nothing, so by all means email DTA with the request.

I have done so in the past and some features I asked for were added. So they do listen ( to some requests ) lol

And your English is better than any other languages I know ! Just like to be very specific about what is being asked.
Page

Post by Page »

stevieturbo wrote:emails cost nothing, so by all means email DTA with the request.

I have done so in the past and some features I asked for were added. So they do listen ( to some requests ) lol

And your English is better than any other languages I know ! Just like to be very specific about what is being asked.
You know ! ! ! I've got your point here . Where do i contact Alan ( i believe).
I'll do my request and see what happens . As you said it costs nothing .
Off topic ...
So Okay Antral you're right but please mate don't be so aggressive.
You are hurting people when you start your sentance with "Why people"
;)
On topic ...

Why don't you ask me what can we achieve with this? Let's have a chat about it ...
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

If you are not all ready using the the Gear PWM Modifier (in turbo settings) you could use this with an additional air temperature sensor and pull up resistor on the ANA 3 input or try coupling the existing air sensor to ANA 3
Page

Post by Page »

Rob Stevens wrote:If you are not all ready using the the Gear PWM Modifier (in turbo settings) you could use this with an additional air temperature sensor and pull up resistor on the ANA 3 input or try coupling the existing air sensor to ANA 3
Oh ... Oh ...Oh ! ! ! Could you please be more specific ?
No i am not using the Gear PWM Modifier. In Fact i haven't started yet and i do not intend to use Gear Modifier.
I'm on drawings right now and in a couple of weeks i am starting my little project.

Okay, i 'll get my self a new air sensor (bosch 0280 130 039) and wired up to GND Sensor 33 pin and Ana 3/ Gear Pot .

And ...
welshpug
ECU Model: S40 Pro

Post by welshpug »

I would like an USB port, and maybe an android compatible DTASwin.