DTAWIN software trouble

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
Jeff K
ECU Model: P8 Pro

DTAWIN software trouble

Post by Jeff K »

I have a few Pro8s they are on Motorcycles. They have been on for a very long time.
I went to make a map change a few weeks ago and left the old XP laptop hooked to it for a few weeks.
I went to fire the bike tonight and it is pouring fuel like crazy. I tried to put the old map back in it and it did load but the bike is still pouring fuel.
I went into real time mapping to see what is forcing the fueling but every time I got into real time mapping it says loading, then it shuts the software down.
I uninstalled the software and reinstalled, twice.
I hook up to a spare Pro8 and the same thing.
I've never seen this happen.
Any thoughts?
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Re: DTAWIN software trouble

Post by Rob Stevens »

If you tried another P8 it can only be your PC or a wiring fault? What could have happened as you say you left the PC hooked up for weeks, with it all on?
Jeff K

Post by Jeff K »

Bike was off, computer was on.
It is the only XP laptop I have. So I'm going to try running it in Virtual Machine under an XP OS and see if it woks.
Maybe my USB to serial converter crapped out?
Computer seems fine, the only thing that doesn't work right is the DTA software.
Oh, and the bike.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Is it pouring in fuel because an injector is mechanically stuck open, or is the ecu actually opening it ?

Unplug the injectors and test the ecu signal...

Is it all 4 or just one cylinder ?
Jeff K

Post by Jeff K »

Supercharged flat 6
Fuel is dripping out of headers on both sides.
It runs but rich as hell. Blowing raw fuel out the pipes.
I don't know if it's all injectors, but it is on both sides.
I've had similar issue in the past but it was due to high fuel pressure because the return line quick disconnect wasn't seated. Fuel pressure is normal.
DTA returned my email and said the software will run in Win7 with the proper USB adapter, which I don't have, and can't find locally.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

As I say, unplug all the injectors before going any further. At least then you wont be drowning the engine anymore. Probably wise to remove the plugs and wind over by hand to eject any fuel left too.

Then test the ecu outputs one at a time when cranking ( disable spark, in case something goes bang ) to see if they are getting a sensible PW or are actually getting a large or permanent opening.

As for adaptors....ebay is usually the best bet. Where is local though ?

PCMCIA/Express type cards can often be more reliable than USB convertors.
Jeff K

Post by Jeff K »

Orlando, Fl
That bike is going to have to stay home this time. Leaving on vacation tonight. Good to have spare bikes. ;)

I'll order a cable today. My laptop doesn't have a express slot.