Odd reading on my log file

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
DiscoPotatoes
ECU Model: P8 Pro

Odd reading on my log file

Post by DiscoPotatoes »

I've noticed my throttle reading is a bit weird. See photo
I've checked my tps using the throttle stop section and its nice and smooth and linear
So I don't understand why when I'm accelerating I'm getting no reading for almost 500 rpms?
Or is it just lagging behind?
Attachments
image.jpg
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: Odd reading on my log file

Post by stevieturbo »

That should not be happening, and would suggest a fault somewhere.

And 6degC air temp ? Is it a recent log, still fairly warm here ( warm for here lol, ie over 10degC )

Also, battery voltage seems quite low for a running engine ? Although I do find DTA does record a lower voltage than when using a meter for some reason
DiscoPotatoes

Post by DiscoPotatoes »

Yes 6 degrees! It was taken on Tuesday at around 7 am, I'm not sure how I managed it but the intercooler does give me very low ITA temps when moving, I've tested the battery and your right about dta reading low it also fluctuates a lot, I've tested the out put on a meter and they are steady.
Any idea what could cause the low tps reading?
Attachments
image.jpg
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

While maybe an odd thing to do. Would do no harm to splice the TPS signal into an Ana input. Just so you can verify the signal is doing what you are seeing. ( or a voltmeter if the problem is repeatable )

Could be faulty wiring, connection, or TPS unit really. The voltage should never drop out like that under normal operation.
DiscoPotatoes

Post by DiscoPotatoes »

It's worth looking at although its not at all noticeable whist driving, ie I'm getting no hesitation
Here's a close up.
I'm also looking into stand alone bluetooth sensors so maybe if that works I can compare the two and eliminate sensors and wiring
Attachments
image.jpg
DiscoPotatoes

Post by DiscoPotatoes »

I think I've worked it out! Looking at all the other logs it looks like it could have been a gear change from 5 th to 4 th :oops: still new to all this data logs lol :mrgreen: