V68 firmware released

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
lumley32
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 61

Re: V68 firmware released

Post by lumley32 »

stevie, the syvecs stuff looks good, but its just re-branded life racing (the people that desgined the petcel sq6) bits!
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: V68 firmware released

Post by stevieturbo »

lumley32 wrote:stevie, the syvecs stuff looks good, but its just re-branded life racing (the people that desgined the petcel sq6) bits!
To a large degree yes.

But as with Link/Vipec, the two have developed at different rates, and Syvecs has different features over Life, as Syvecs do seem to be pushing the development side a lot harder as they push the ecu's into different markets.

Life themselves seemed to be more targeted at motorsport only.

With Syvecs pushing into the road car scene...of which many are very very extreme road cars, especially the likes of the GTR's, More and more development has been done for these which adds new features all the time. I'm sure Life ecu's will also benefit from this too.
Whether they upgrade their firmware on par with the Syvecs, I dont know. But from what I understand, a lot of the new features are implemented on Syvecs first.

So it is not simply re-branded Life product. Syvecs will also be coming out with some new stuff in the next few months. A new cheaper 4 cylinder ecu, and a new monster S10 ecu, and more plug n play options too.

I think the S8 will cover anything I need, but will wait and see what the S10 has to offer. Good chance my DTA will be up for sale at some point though.