V71

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

V71

Post by Rob Stevens »

I just noticed on V71 you now have the option on S80+ to use the 2nd lambda input for launch control rpm via pot, thus freeing up ana1 for traction adjustments when underway. I'd have missed that but noticed a new option in launch control settings.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: V71

Post by stevieturbo »

No mention on the site yet of changes.

I did ask when I emailed a while back about freeing up more inputs to be used for other things.

Mind you, I wanted the 2nd lambda input freed up for bloody lambda usage !!
Jon K
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Distributor: DTA UK
Firmware Version: 73

Post by Jon K »

I like the temp based RPM limit its just a little confusing.

I like that Allan is still developing updates I really appreciate it, I just hope for some nitrous control logic!
1992 700RWHP Pump Gas BMW
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Jon K wrote:I like the temp based RPM limit its just a little confusing.

I like that Allan is still developing updates I really appreciate it, I just hope for some nitrous control logic!
I did ask !

Looks like a static rpm value, then a temperature threshold just.

Would have been nicer to see a 1d/2d table with temperature along the top and rpm below as other ecus do it.

Likewise for oil pressure. Keeps things simple and unambiguous
Jon K
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Distributor: DTA UK
Firmware Version: 73

Post by Jon K »

So if I put 1000 in the box, is it 1000 RPM less than my ordinary rev limit? Or is the new rev limit 1000 rpm?
1992 700RWHP Pump Gas BMW
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

I havent tried it. But they have updated the manual
LOW TEMPERATURE RPM LIMIT REDUCTION
Allows RPM limit to be reduced when water and or oil temperature is low. Leave zero if no reduction required.
WATER TEMP FOR RPM LIMIT REDUCTION
OIL TEMP FOR RPM LIMIT REDUCTION
Below these temperatures of oil or water then the RPM limit will be reduced by the above figure. Set to -50C if no action is required on one of them but is required on the other.
Rob Stevens

Post by Rob Stevens »

Nice idea for a quick road car but I wouldn't want a faulty oil temperature sensor to end my race personally. I will be using the oil pressure shut down however!
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Rob Stevens wrote:Nice idea for a quick road car but I wouldn't want a faulty oil temperature sensor to end my race personally. I will be using the oil pressure shut down however!
Have had that before on a friends car, although oil temp did just trigger a limp mode.

But what do you do ? We implement safeties for a reason. It's up to you which ones you will rely on or not.
A faulty sensor shouldnt end the race...although it will make it a lot slower !

Not sure of the safeties can be removed on different cal switch settings on the other ecu's or not.
If so that would be one way for the driver to manually override them during a race if he wished to.
Rob Stevens

Post by Rob Stevens »

Yeh, perhaps this depends on what you plan for the engine's use, road and trackday sounds fine but it needs to be used with a dash so you can see what the issue might be.

Perhaps an option as you say for the driver to override the limp mode with the auxiliary switch?

For my type of use, hillclimbs, the engine would survive with no water in I'm sure, I'm only interested in the gear change lights and oil pressure light, no time to look at a rev counter or dash.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

In terms of overheating....probably, depends on the duration of the hillclimb, and how hot it was to start with etc.

Oil pressure is definitely a critical one though. But for the most part, as long as good quality sensors are used, then they should be fairly reliable and trustworthy.

After all, we use plenty of other sensors that are critical to engine survival too and trust them. Some of the dash's can flash up a big red screen if any of the safeties are tripped, indicating which one it is.

But dont imagine DTA offering a trip override just yet. They're only getting around to adding the safeties to start with, cant seem them giving us a means to turn them back off again lol