Valvers Android Dash

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
bofelix
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Distributor: roverdose
Firmware Version: 66

Re: Valvers Android Dash

Post by bofelix »

Hi Sparrow,

do you mean such a spec?

http://www.dtafast.co.uk/Downloads/Manu ... eneric.pdf

I have no smart phone or tablet, but if it works, then I think of getting one....! :-)

cheers
Stefan
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

Hi Stefan

Thanks, I have all the serial and CAN stream information now.

It will work, it's just finding the time to get it working as I'm doing this in my spare time. I'm hoping to have something available in a couple of months, maybe sooner. :-)
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

What is the intended format of it ?

ie, a WiFi based device, bluetooth ?

I think for the likes of S40 users, if it could datalog it would be a huge bonus

And as another guy here did...he managed to integrate the DTA data stream for a logger and also be able to use the Innovate serial data stream for logging/displaying anything from their range of products

Maybe in a roundabout way, converting the DTA data to Innovate style serial might be an option, then any of their logging or display products could work too ?
Alex DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

Hi Steve

The long term plan is to support an Android device connected via Bluetooth, FTDI serial to USB and possibly WiFi connections.
Stream wise, I'm looking to support both Serial and CAN.
The app itself will have a configurable dash, a real time data log display with the ability to write to a file (critical for me as mine's an S40 in a track car), and also the ability to tweak maps. The map tweaking is the lowest priority now.

Short term plan is to get a simple dash working via a Bluetooth connection, meaning I'm reading the data correctly. Probably serial data to start with.
Once that's done, development can move forward to include all the functionality.

I'm not sure how I'd support Innovate, as that seems to me more like a hardware requirement to convert the DTA stream to Innovate, and then connect one of their devices. I'm a softwre developer, so that's not something I'd be able to do, but one of the guys I'm working with is a hardware developer. We're focussing on this for now, but may be able to look at that sort of thing later.

However, I'm really interested to hear what people would like to see functionality wise for this app.

On my wish list would be the ability to use the Android device to film, while overlaying ECU data traces and also adding in g forces from the Android device. I'm not sure if that's even possible at this stage, as I suspect that will be very CPU intensive, but I can dream. :-)
Bollah
Firmware Version: 71

Post by Bollah »

Sparrow, I use Racerender to do my overlays on video, but when I encode the video with the overlay it does take a while to do.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

http://www.dashware.net/

Is another software that lets you overlay datalogs onto video.

Check out Simon/shambly

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=711

http://www.chesiloutlaw.com/tech_innovate.htm
Alex DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

Yep, that's what I would expect is required to get DTA to talk to Innovate, not something I'd be able to do.
bofelix
Distributor: roverdose
Firmware Version: 66

Post by bofelix »

Hi Sparrow,

would such an OBDII bluetooth Adapter work with the DTA S ECUs?

I have had a look into the web, and there are some apps availible. Maybe not as good or comfortable as planned by you, but it would be a start....

Thanks, regards
Stefan
Alex DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

I don't know, I'm afraid.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

bofelix wrote:Hi Sparrow,

would such an OBDII bluetooth Adapter work with the DTA S ECUs?

I have had a look into the web, and there are some apps availible. Maybe not as good or comfortable as planned by you, but it would be a start....

Thanks, regards
Stefan
The bluetooth aspect would work.

But you'd need to configure a generic OBD datastream from the DTA to actually have the adaptor understand it.

Which probably isnt an easy task either. Although it would simplify some logging, display, app issues as there are many already available.