Valvers Android Dash

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
bofelix
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Distributor: roverdose
Firmware Version: 66

Re: Valvers Android Dash

Post by bofelix »

Hello,

I have had a look. Most of the offered OBD-adaptors are china clones. The original ELM327 chip cost 15 to 20 Euro, so the whole device for less than 10 Euro including shipping from China could not be true.....

Obviously there is a clone chip inside. On one or two pages in the web there are some notes about that.

But in the spec of the original ELM327 chip there are the features listed:
"Two customer specific CAN-protocols". This should work. But I do not know how to program a CAN-protocol.

cheers
Stefan
shambly
ECU Model: S40 Pro

Post by shambly »

The DTA unit doesn't use CAN in a traditional way. It just spews its 16 data channels out over 4 can addresses on a continual basis.

Megasquirt does it more "correctly" with a request/response mechanism.

Innovate do a product that will send their data stream over WiFi.... But last I looked (a while ago) logworks was only available for iPhone and not Android.

Simon
Alex DTA
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

Well, this has been both frustratingly slow, but also working quicker than expected.

However, after a full day at it today, I have the connection to the ECU working over bluetooth, and reading most of the data stream correctly.

Here's a brief video (not sure how to embed it here).

The RPM values are gibberish, and apparently my alternator can provide 130v! :lol:

That's a big chunk of the coding done now. Release is still a little way away, but is now a realistic ambition.

Next up will be fixing the values shown, then fixing the USB connection. I think that's nearly there, just setting the baud rate in the software left.

CAN support will be available at some point too, as well as logging.

Stay tuned for further updates.
gnutz2
ECU Model: S100 Pro

Post by gnutz2 »

Only just spotted this, looks great.
Alex DTA
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »