DTADroid - The Android App for DTA ECUs

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
PhillipM
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Distributor: DTA UK
Firmware Version: 73

Re: DTADroid - The Android App for DTA ECUs

Post by PhillipM »

With the price of cheap androids these days, might be nice to hardwire into a dashboard with a few backup gauges just in case.
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

That's part of the attraction to doing it this way. I've wanted a proper dash for ages, but the cost has outweighed the benefits for me.

More development done. USB and BT working correctly, and all the data streams are being read correctly now.

There's still quite a bit to do, but things are moving along nicely.
Bollah
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 71

Post by Bollah »

That looks sooo good!

Are the dials going to be fixed, or will we be able to change them to other things? Or is that a future thing? :)
Alex DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

Thanks.

The aim is to get a basic fixed dashboard out as a free app in the next month or so. Very limited functionality, I want to get the data streams as stable as possible with as many devices as possible.

All the other options will be turned off as they pretty much just crash the app right now.

While the free app being tested, I'll finish building the full app with data logging, fancy customisable dials, etc. which will be released as a paid app.

I can't wait to see this running on other devices. :D
Bollah
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 71

Post by Bollah »

Well, if you need a beta tester, let me know ;)
Jon K

Post by Jon K »

I know you're still working out kinks but one of the coolest things I hope you can incorporate is a digital tachometer and readout like an AIM dash.

I play iRacing and they have an app that runs a digital dash and looks very convincing. Would be AWESOME to borrow the appearance or similar for DTA:

1992 700RWHP Pump Gas BMW
Alex DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

Yup, very keen to do something similair. I've already got an enhancement for shift lights, and one for a digital tacho logged. :D

Got to get everything else working first.

Keep the suggestions coming though, it's really useful to prioritise what's next. :)
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

I posted these in the dash display thread, but here are some examples of what else is out there.

I'm sure a large part of these could be incorporated into an app for a tablet or phone, at least from a display point of view

But I'd also see logging as a priority, for all those with S40's etc and no ability to log.

Motec's new dash

Holley

Alex DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

All the data streams are now working. I just need to fix a disconnection bug where the connection isn't dropped properly, and then the data streams are done.

I'm moving on to the UI now as there's a change coming to the disconnection code that may fix my bug as well.

The good thing about this app is that it's customisable, so you can show the information that's relevant to you. I threw these together last night:

For the eagle eyed among you, yes, we're using the phone's built in GPS to provide GPS based speeds if you don't have a wheel speed sensor hooked up. ;)

The next step is a brain dump of all the UI updates I need to do. I'm going away camping for the weekend, and I'm taking my laptop with. I might even be able to use it! :lol:
Jon K

Post by Jon K »

Dude - awesome.

What're you using for UI development?

This is so exciting for me.

Can you rehash exactly what's needed to interface the phone to the DTA?
1992 700RWHP Pump Gas BMW