DTADroid - The Android App for DTA ECUs

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
paulrevs
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Re: DTADroid - The Android App for DTA ECUs

Post by paulrevs »

Here's a quick video of the dta droid being used as a main dashboard on a tablet. Really hope to have more features in the future like mpg and warnings that are user configurable.

dannyboy
ECU Model: S40 Pro

Post by dannyboy »

hi all .ive ordered the bluetooth gizmo from link on other page and want to buy a tablet .being a complete dunce when it comes to computers i wondered if you could confirm if this tablet would be ok an if theres anything else i need to make the tablet work as a dash and data logger for my s40 ecu ,thanks in advance for any pointers :P http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Acer-Iconia-T ... SwUuFWz5S3
Alex DTA
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

DTADroid won't run on that one, as it's Windows. The tablet needs to be Android.
dannyboy

Post by dannyboy »

ahh cool ill order an android one then does it need any minimum spec? :oops:
dannyboy

Post by dannyboy »

Alex DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

That one should be fine.
dannyboy

Post by dannyboy »

gizmo turned up today as did tablet so ill have a go at fitting it this weekend :P
Yo33
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by Yo33 »

Hi, I'm writing because I have a trouble with a DTAdroid BT adapter.
First, a decription of what I did: I'm using a S60 ECU. I routed the pins from the SUB-D 15 connector to both my serial/USB adapter to work and tune with my laptop, and on a SUB-D 9 connector for the BT adapter.
What I wanted was: to be able to connect with my laptop, and with Bluetooth, in the same time.
So, my troubles are:
-when I plug the BT adapter, I lose the communication with the laptop. (if I unplug the BT, it works)
-I can detect the BT adapter with my phone. I made the association, so DTADroid connects to the ECU, but all the data are frozen to 0.
I checked the pining of all connectors, and set the configuration of RS232 data stream (the header bytes number 10, the header size 99 for all)

So, my questions:
-does someone have an idea of why data are not sent to BT adapter?
-is the configuration of dividing the TX, RX and ground lines to 2 separate connectors OK or disturbing?

Thanks
Alex DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

You can divide the outputs, but only connect one device at a time; this includes the serial to USB adapter, it must be unplugged.
You can't connect two at the same time.

If you want to run two devices at the same time, you would need some hardware to split one input into two outputs.
ignitionautosport
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Post by ignitionautosport »

Or connect laptop via CAN?
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |