DTADroid - The Android App for DTA ECUs

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
happys60
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Distributor: Arens Motorsport, Holland
Firmware Version: 53

Re: DTADroid - The Android App for DTA ECUs

Post by happys60 »

Does DTADroid work with Android 6 Marshmallow?
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

Yes. I have it on my Nexus 6
TRN
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Firmware Version: 89

Post by TRN »

Alex DTA wrote:You can divide the outputs, but only connect one device at a time; this includes the serial to USB adapter, it must be unplugged.
You can't connect two at the same time.

If you want to run two devices at the same time, you would need some hardware to split one input into two outputs.
Hi Alex,

Is this only valid for the RS232 connections or does it include CAN as well?

In our racecar we have a AIM datalogging system permanently hooked up to the CAN stream. Does this mean I can't use DTADroid simultaniously via the serial/bluetooth connection?

thanks!
Alex DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

You can only have one datastream turned on in the ECU, either CAN or RS232. So, no, you can't have both running.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Alex DTA wrote:You can only have one datastream turned on in the ECU, either CAN or RS232. So, no, you can't have both running.

Interesting...I wonder is this why I could never get my Dash2 to work with their CAN adaptor ?

Naturally as I'd be configuring things, I had the laptop connected to the ecu and the Dash2 would be connected via CAN at the same time.
Alex DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

stevieturbo wrote:
Alex DTA wrote:You can only have one datastream turned on in the ECU, either CAN or RS232. So, no, you can't have both running.

Interesting...I wonder is this why I could never get my Dash2 to work with their CAN adaptor ?

Naturally as I'd be configuring things, I had the laptop connected to the ecu and the Dash2 would be connected via CAN at the same time.
No.
The PC doesn't use the dash RS232 datastream. It will turn it off when it connects.

However, if you try to turn on the CAN stream, and the dash RS232 stream, the software will only allow one to be on at any time.
Jon K
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Distributor: DTA UK
Firmware Version: 73

Post by Jon K »

Alex have you considered making a version of this that would run on an ARM based solution like a Raspberry Pi 3? I just picked one up - it has onboard USB/wifi and runs off of 5v 2A and can drive any number of LCD screens - would be awesome for a cheap dash.
1992 700RWHP Pump Gas BMW
Alex DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

I don't have the time. I have the next two years of software and hardware development planned.

Don't let me stop you though. ;)
PhillipM

Post by PhillipM »

I've been trying to do something similar with an arduino driving a chinese tablet for a screen - that way you can use the I/O daughterboard to control all your chassis relays/functions through buttons on the touchscreen, but I ran out of talent halfway through :D
Jon K

Post by Jon K »

Alex DTA wrote:I don't have the time. I have the next two years of software and hardware development planned.

Don't let me stop you though. ;)
Haha - I am a hardware guy - mostly system/networking stuff. I dabble in embedded stuff but it ain't pretty. Something to keep in mind though maybe I'll get around to messing with it. Technically the Raspi's can run Android OS, but having messed with that it's a bit clumsy.
1992 700RWHP Pump Gas BMW