S40Pro Firmware 66.03 After Update to newest Version Engine not running....

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
Fraenkyboy
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: Alons
Firmware Version: 66.03

S40Pro Firmware 66.03 After Update to newest Version Engine not running....

Post by Fraenkyboy »

Hello, please help...My car VM77 Seven with Ford Zetec 2L 131HP runs perfectly before, but I idiot meant it too well....

My Dtafast: S40pro
Hardware: 2
Firmware: 66.03

I made an update to the newer firmare v90.12....I reinstalled my Zetec map....Update and all worked well, I mean, but when I start the engine he jerks like a sack of potatoes😪

I mean the newer Firmware draws in other Segments and that is the problem, so I wanted to reinstall the old firmware, but I found not the older 66.03 Firmware. On the Datafast homepage I found the S40 Firmware V79.02.zip and I have installed this...But again the Engine runs but jerks and jerks....The rpm goes higher and higher and I voluntarly turn off the Engine.

Has anyone have an idea and can help?

Thank you and sorry for my bad english...

BR
Fraenkyboy
Fraenkyboy

Re: S40Pro Firmware 66.03 After Update to newest Version Engine not running....

Post by Fraenkyboy »

More Informations...I made today Oszilloskop and Syncronisation all ok 36/1 and draw it to the MAP, but again...The engine starts but I mean only on 2-3 Cyinder...I changed the ignition coil and spark plugs but the same problems... The spark plugs are very very sooty...I think the MAP works not with newer Firmware and now the gasoline/air mix is not correct? Please anyone have have the firmware V66.03 ? Or is here an expert who I can send my map to check? I can pay for this if the car runs...Best Regard Fraenky
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

upload your map, something must have changed during the firmware update process.

Although not sure what it may be

Do you have a copy of your original map before update, and also what is in the ecu now ?
Fraenkyboy

Post by Fraenkyboy »

I spoke to a dealer, he said you couldn't simply update such an old firmware to such a new firmware. I would have liked to have known this beforehand. The only option left is probably to go back to firmware 66.03, or have an Expert adapt the old MAP to the new 90.12 firmware and find the error...

I hope someone will contact me who can help me and can provide the firmware 66.03

I informed dtafast but uptodate I receive no answer....

YES I HAVE MADE BEFORE A COPY FROM THE ORIGINAL MAP!

Best Regard
Frank
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

then upload it.

oldest I can find is for S40 is 78.01

https://filetransfer.io/data-package/svVPfAlk#link
katana
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 29

Post by katana »

My S60 was Hardware 2 and firmware v27 ! ! ! and DTA upgraded it to current version in 2022, so old to new is possible BUT the new software can't run on PC's with OS newer than XP (as I found out !) Not saying this is the problem, just pointing out the 'dealer' is incorrect with his statement!
Oh and I do have a copy of Firmware v66.01 but says its for S60 - I guess no good for you?
Fraenkyboy

Post by Fraenkyboy »

FIRST, Guys Thank you so much for your help👍👍👍👍👍 ENGINE RUNS NOW PERFECTLY🤗

Alex from DTAfast send me the Firmware Version V62....A little version before V66.03....

UPDATE BACK WITH WIN 10 MACHINE TO FIRMWARE V62 = NO PROBLEMS....AFTER THERE WITH FIRMWARE V62 THE WINDOWS MASCHINE WITH NEWER DTWIN 10 MACHINE DOES NO MORE WORKS = THAT IS NORMALLY!!! FROM NOW ON WITH XP MASCHINE AND OLDER DTAWIN SOFT RUNS ALL 100%.

MY STATEMENT= YES, YOU CAN MADE AN UPDATE TO A NEWER FIRMWARE, BUT IF THE OLD MAPS RUNS IS A GAMBLING!!!!! OR YOU ARE AN EXPERT AN YOU CAN CHECK ALL ENTRIES AND YOU CAN READJUST THE MAP TO THE NEWER FIRMWARE...

NEVER CHANGE A RUNNING SYSTEM😘

Thank you all....

BR
Fraenky
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Fraenkyboy wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:39 am

NEVER CHANGE A RUNNING SYSTEM😘

Thank you all....

BR
Fraenky
there is a lot to be said for that comment......but we like to change things